Great assistance from a truly ‘trusted seller’!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Great assistance from a truly ‘trusted seller’!

Post by Molan »

I originally posted this on the CWE FaceBook page because Guy and I tend to chat most via FB messenger but I initially spotted the watch concerned here.

With the new ‘Trusted Seller’ badges being displayed I though it worth mentioning just how great some of the people are here - I tend to be more of a ‘trusted buyer’ than seller 🙈😂 so I have a lot of experience dealing with many people here.

In this case Guy went so much further than ‘the extra mile’ even though the issue mentioned was nothing to do with his previous ownership!

“I bought an Elliot Brown a few months ago from Guy Haller (Bahnstormer_vRS)
and recently the battery needed replacing. Entirely normal given its age.

EB strongly recommend sending watches in to them as they have a near indestructible quality and prefer to professionally seal them and test everything.

On arrival they discovered it had some internal corrosion around the battery connections and crown. They believed it had been underwater without the crown being screwed down.

I let Guy know out of courtesy in the sure knowledge it would have been the owner before him who caused the damage.

Next thing I know, the lovely team at EB called me to say the watch was ready and that Guy had already sorted everything direct with them and I only had to pay for the battery replacement.

Guy handled all this without looking for thanks, he just wanted to be sure everything was managed smoothly and I wasn’t put out.

He really didn’t have to do this but that’s the kind of person he is - that’s what I call a good friend and a great seller!”
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: If ever there was a ‘trusted seller’. . .

Post by Richard D »

I’ve recently purchased a watch from a trusted forum member with the understanding that when we can meet again he hands the watch over to me. Given we live in different countries it makes not only for a special get together but also for a very special CW watch. I doubt very much any forum could deliver this level of friendship.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

Richard D wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:22 pm I’ve recently purchased a watch from a trusted forum member with the understanding that when we can meet again he hands the watch over to me. Given we live in different countries it makes not only for a special get together but also for a very special CW watch. I doubt very much any forum could deliver this level of friendship.
I’ve found the same with the CWE FaceBook page. I’ve bought and sold to people all over the world via that page and many have become good friends. Especially in the USA, Canada and Ireland.

Due to Covid restrictions, I’ve not been able to meet them in person but I speak to some every single day and have arranged for one to stay with me in November next year.
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Molan wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:30 pmI’ve found the same with the CWE FaceBook page. I’ve bought and sold to people all over the world via that page and many have become good friends. Especially in the USA, Canada and Ireland.

Due to Covid restrictions, I’ve not been able to meet them in person but I speak to some every single day and have arranged for one to stay with me in November next year.
Likewise my wife & I are so looking forward to a fabulous Forum & CWE member and his good lady staying with us as soon as it’s permissible.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

I have not been a member of the forum that long, but it is now the one I frequent most, due to the high standards of behaviour maintained by the forums members here.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: Great assistance from a truly ‘trusted seller’!

Post by Viognier »

Very classy move from Guy !
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy