are the c 60 trident gmt out of stock?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Stratogio
Junior
Junior

are the c 60 trident gmt out of stock?

Post by Stratogio »

Trident C 60 gmt no longer appear on the site.
oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Re: are the c 60 trident gmt out of stock?

Post by oberonfoto »

Well spotted sir. All I can see are the C63’s, C65’s and just the C60 specials Abyss and Elite. Revamp time?
David
CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black
EB Canford SM Service, EB Holton Pro, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

In the past, the removal of a watch from general sale in June has hinted at the possibility that it could appear in the July Sale.

No concrete information about this has filtered down to me, but it may well be that they are concentrating the GMT efforts on the C63 Sealander with the new movement. Slightly surprising but possible. I guess we shall know soon enough.

If they do appear in the sale (whenever that is – no idea) and you want one, you’ll probably need to get up early to beat the scalpers or you will be paying full whack on eBay.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Purely speculation, but could it be that they're going to be upgraded with the new GMT movement?
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^That’s a possibility.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Maybe they're moving the name to 12 o'clock ...............

:escape: :escape:
ssholloway21
Senior
Senior

Post by ssholloway21 »

So, being my first year buying Christopher Ward, what sale are you referring to. In the past, how good has the sale been. I am looking to get the C60 Elite 1000, should I wait? I also want the C63 Elite but I doubt that will go on sale.
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

ssholloway21 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:00 pm So, being my first year buying Christopher Ward, what sale are you referring to. In the past, how good has the sale been. I am looking to get the C60 Elite 1000, should I wait? I also want the C63 Elite but I doubt that will go on sale.
I’m pretty new here, too, but I have experienced the annual January sale only a few months ago. Thirty percent off on some models was possible. Christopher Ward may also offer “nearly new” - those watches that get returned under their 60/60 guarantee - as part of the sale. A very small quantity of retired models went for close to half off. When the sale happens, stock goes very quickly. Everyone loves a deal!

I’ve gleaned there is also a July sale sometimes, though the dates are not in stone. Announcements arrive via email, usually with short notice. I expect notice will also be posted here.

With the C63 line being new, I would not expect to see any in the sale, except perhaps as Nearly New.

If you’re looking at the C60 Elite, and you’re ok with a pre-owned watch, there are some currently offered. I have no affiliation with any of them except to have seen the notices on FB and here.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

^^^
Spot on, but I will emphasise that anything desirable disappears like a shot. Hesitate for a second and "It's gone!"

With that in mind, you may want to think about just buying what you want as it suits you since there is no guarantee any particular model will even be in an upcoming sale. Oh, and don't forget the current voucher. The code will be posted on here somewhere, just do a search.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
hadon2525
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by hadon2525 »

ssholloway21 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:00 pm So, being my first year buying Christopher Ward, what sale are you referring to. In the past, how good has the sale been. I am looking to get the C60 Elite 1000, should I wait? I also want the C63 Elite but I doubt that will go on sale.
Yeah, well good luck in getting any notice.
I'm a time-served customer who is signed up/subscribed with two different email addresses from two different accounts but I NEVER get any notifications regarding sales.
However, the emails concerning the payment for my recent service came right through.