Trusted Seller

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Trusted Seller

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Well, if this thread shows one thing in stark relief, it's the old aphorism that you can't please all the people all the time.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Seems a really good addition to me. Big thumbs up
FS zenith Chronomaster Original and Bremont Solo or trade for 5 digit Sub.
Cheers now, Paul
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I just told my wife I had Trusted Seller status on the forum, expecting her to be impressed...she wasn’t. You have too many watches anyway she said. Maybe the new status will come in handy if I’m forced to sell any :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

With the exception of the moderators the Trusted Seller text has replaced the members previous rank i.e. forum god, etc. Was this intended or unavoidable?
Tim
Amor Vincit Omnia

Thegreyman wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:21 pm I just told my wife I had Trusted Seller status on the forum, expecting her to be impressed...she wasn’t. You have too many watches anyway she said. Maybe the new status will come in handy if I’m forced to sell any :lol:
Maybe we need a "Top Buyer" badge as well? That might set a few felines loose in the dovecotes of conjugal peace and harmony! :lol:
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
Fat-Sam
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Amor Vincit Omnia

timor54 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:29 pm With the exception of the moderators the Trusted Seller text has replaced the members previous rank i.e. forum god, etc. Was this intended or unavoidable?
It's all been a bit experimental, Tim. The feeling was that as long as we had the post count, the rank wasn't that useful. Same with the red progress bar. After all, you got to be a Senior Forumgod for 1000 posts and there was nothing thereafter. We thought people might appreciate the TS badge more.
Steve

timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:33 pm
It's all been a bit experimental, Tim. The feeling was that as long as we had the post count, the rank wasn't that useful. Same with the red progress bar. After all, you got to be a Senior Forumgod for 1000 posts and there was nothing thereafter. We thought people might appreciate the TS badge more.
I had to go back and look for the progress bar. It’s amazing what you can miss, even when it’s staring you in the face 🤦‍♂️

Therefore it looks to me like the Trusted Seller icon is using the same placeholder on the profile as the progress bar would have done.

Just an idle thought, but could the avatar images be overlaid with a smaller icon, rather like a badge? or maybe it could be placed horizontally alongside the avatar to reduce the vertical space used?
Tim
Amor Vincit Omnia

^^^Not everyone uses an avatar image. I'm no expert but I think it's a totally different thing.
Steve

gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:59 pm Well, if this thread shows one thing in stark relief, it's the old aphorism that you can't please all the people all the time.
I do think it's a good idea, just the badge is a bit big IMHO
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

The only members complaining are the ones without it :shock:
I’m a trusted seller I think its great and should be bigger and brighter :lol:
And you know if you deal with me and a number of other members you are in safe hands :thumbup:
Excellent work Mods :thumbup:
These users thanked the author kiter65 for the post:
tikkathree
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The TS badge is as small as we can make it for this application. The loss of the forum rank for all but the Admin Team and those with special ranks, such as missF, is unavoidable due to limitations of the software. However, as AVO mentioned, we were able to keep the post counts.

Several options and workarounds were explored, but proved to be either to cumbersome to maintain or just plain wouldn't work.

We just felt that the positives outweighed the negatives in displaying the TS Badge the way it is now, so this is what we have.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Excellent work all. From my perspective, the only downside (well, not so much a downside as an almost unavoidable omission) is that it doesn’t show in Tapatalk.

That’s not uncommon with TT, as it is in many ways slightly dumbed down, but it’s the price you pay for easy navigation and good layout on a mobile device. I use TT to access the forum probably 98%+ of the time. Still, it’s easy enough to fire up a web browser the odd times I need it.

The upside of course, is I don’t have all those distracting trusted seller logos in my feed....
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Makes me wish I’d have advertised the watches I’ve sold rather than doing deals ‘off forum’ - I’ve even sold to moderators in off forum deals and still don’t have a badge :lol:
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I have to say I think I would trust pretty well all long term members of this forum, with or without the title.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

JAFO wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:35 am I have to say I think I would trust pretty well all long term members of this forum, with or without the title.
That’s certainly my thoughts.

I’ve bought from various long standing members, and all without exception have been true gents.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain