Discuss Christopher Ward watches
CM23
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 8

Re: Trusted Seller

Post by CM23 »

Kip wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:42 am
CM23 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:08 pm But I do wonder, is the 400 posts relative to being a trusted seller?
Yes it is....but it is far from the only criteria. It is a combination of the qualifying factors with each having it's own significance.
Thanks Kip! I'm a long way off, but I can support other forum members in potentially adding it to their profile. I made a purchase recently, so I'll make sure I provide some feedback. Thanks, Chris.
triffidman
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by triffidman »

I'll be accused of being cynical, but this is far too 'black and white'. I wouldn't get the badge, but have sold and bought a handful of items here over the years - EVERY transaction has been an extremely pleasant experience, with good feedback left/received where appropriate.

The opposite of being Trusted is that you're not to be Trusted, which I find a bit irritating in light of the above information. This is becoming quite a dictatorship, when a forum is designed to be quite the opposite (I thought). The next thing we'll be told is that we have to wear a mask to post here!!!

What I'd like to understand is what drove this new policy, have there been many cases of buyers/selling be defrauded?
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

triffidman wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:49 am I'll be accused of being cynical, but this is far too 'black and white'. I wouldn't get the badge, but have sold and bought a handful of items here over the years - EVERY transaction has been an extremely pleasant experience, with good feedback left/received where appropriate.

The opposite of being Trusted is that you're not to be Trusted, which I find a bit irritating in light of the above information. This is becoming quite a dictatorship, when a forum is designed to be quite the opposite (I thought). The next thing we'll be told is that we have to wear a mask to post here!!!

What I'd like to understand is what drove this new policy, have there been many cases of buyers/selling be defrauded?
And I thought I was the most cynical git around here - I must try harder :lol:
thomcat00
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by thomcat00 »

triffidman wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:49 am What I'd like to understand is what drove this new policy, have there been many cases of buyers/selling be defrauded?
While I cannot answer what drove the policy, not all policies have to be reactive. I see it as an enhancement, but not the only trustmark I’d employ for a transaction. And I’ve transacted without the affirmation.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair