Give it time.

I'm sure that all will be well.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Free limited edition AM GT 1VEV CW watch up for grabs

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

scooter wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:46 pm Give it time.

I'm sure that all will be well.
And wear that watch. And keep it. Everyone here wants you to do that, and you have without question earned the right.

We wish you all the very best for a speedy recovery. Take it easy, Mike.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Thanks for updating us, Mike. Glad you’re through the surgery bit of the journey.

Take confidence from the surgeon and give it time.

I hope in your next update you’ll be able to report the pain calming down
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Hi Mike.

Thanks for your update. Hopefully the pain is just a result of the operation and will reduce as your recovery progresses.

My wife had an operation and was in real pain afterwards, and couldn't even sit on the loo in comfort, but the medics said she had been pushed and pulled in surgery, and over time her body recovered and the pain went. It wasn't the same operation, but I hope your outcome is similar.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Mike, it sounds positive that your surgeon thought the op went well. You just need to allow things to settle down and you'll start to feel the benefit.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Like everyone has already said, give it time. The surgeon telling you everything went to plan and that they aren’t concerned is a positive. They are duty bound to be honest with you and if anything hadn’t gone according to plan you would already know.

Take it easy for now, recuperate properly and enjoy wearing your watch.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Deks wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:08 pm Thankyou all for the good wishes, im really humbled.

I had the operation but am having a lot of nerve pain down the left leg and cannot put any weight on it so im praying I need to be patient. There was a lot of hardened calcified disc they couldn't remove but i'm told all the nerves are free. I have the cages in but his nurse read my notes and thought he hadnt put a cage in at l5-s1 but she must be mistaken as I asked the surgeon and he said he had put 2 cages in and adjusted my posture changing the vertebrae spacing.

The nerve is killing me I cant stand on one foot or walk up stairs unless I use the right leg going up and down as the left one wont support me. I'm sorry if im sounding negative the pain in the nerve is aweful and im really worried something isnt right altho everyone including the surgeon isnt worried at all which hopefully is a good thing and Im a worry egg.

Like I said im a bit gutted so I will see how things improve over the next days and next couple of weeks. I wont be writing much as I dont want to get myself worked up before I know if there is a problem. Nothing good ever happens to me :-(

Just to add he hammered in the cages from the left side so hopefully it could be trauma from pulling the nerves back etc. All I know is the nerve pain down the left leg is worse than before the operation.

Im sorry for rabbiting on. I will post back after it hopefully settles and i'll give an update.

Stay safe

Mike
Mike, glad to hear that you are out of the op. My back op many many years ago was around discs and nerves at L5-S1 but way less complicated than your op. It still took the best part of 3 days for me to be able to just get out of bed without severe spasms because the muscles were twitchy, 4 days before I could walk holding onto the wheeled medical fluid support. You've been heavily sedated, your back has been cut, muscles have been pushed and pulled, the nerves moved to one side out of the way of damage, back stitched up etc etc.

Give it time to settle, think how much time a muscle pulled in sport takes to repair and have faith in your surgeons.

Best wishes, I hope it gets better for you soon.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Mike... Great to hear your back with us and out the other side of your op. Just to echo other's words...you need to give this time. If your surgeons are positive that sounds like a very good sign to me. You have been cut and pulled about; the spine is jam-packed with nerves, everything in that area has been agitated. Hold on to that watch, it has been through quite a lot, much as yourself. We all look forward to having you back in great form.

All the best,

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

Mike, before the op, you were understandably pessimistic and now you are through and on the right side of things. The Surgeon is happy and they see these things all the time, so there is definite hope there. As others said - rest, rest, rest and you will get better. Keep positive, enjoy your watch(es) and anything else that gives you pleasure. Easy for me to say but pain is the body's way of letting you know you survived!
Take care and get well.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Great to hear from you Mike. As everyone else has said, be patient, give it time and rest. If the surgeon is happy that's a great sign, so let yourself heal and then assess how things are.

Best wishes,
Steve
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Excellent news that the surgery went well and that the surgeons are very positive.

Rest is the key for now and remaining positive. The first 7-10 days after the surgery is the worst period. It will get better!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Glad you are through the op, to be honest I'm surprised you are up and about so soon as a I would have expected a lot of recuperation and rehabilitation after what you had done. Sounds like the surgeons are on top of it and pain is normal and far less worrying than no pain after anything nerve/spine related. It will undoubtedly take time, give yourself a break, be patient, rest, rest, rest some more and Im sure you will see incremental gains bit by bit. Rooting for you!
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
hunter_jones

Post by hunter_jones »

Just wanna say good luck with the recovery mike, and share a little anecdotal story that might help. A number of years ago I broke my ankle pretty bad; I had surgery for it, but still only had about 50% mobility and it couldn't put up with a lot of stress from, say, hiking, a favorite activity of mine. The surgeons said they did the best they could (they had to tug on my nerve to make room to remove a sliver of bone), and I'd just need to learn to live with the pain in the side of my foot. Well, 4 years later, and while I'm not completely back to normal I can safely say I'm happily back to hiking regularly and now even rock climbing. The pain went away completely, and now it's just a little weaker/less mobile than my other ankle. The path to recovery after a surgery may be longer than you'd like, but if you approach it with the perspective that you will recover with a matter of time, it does make it easier (and I'm not even an optimist).
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Great to hear from you Mike !
You are understandably very sore from that major operation but it will settle down, time is the key here.
Just try to relax as much as possible and know we are all thinking of you mate.
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

Patience is a tough game to master, Mike. No good at it myself. R-E-L-A-X.
Swinging for you here, buddy. Happy surgeon, positive future.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.