Do you ever ONLY want a bracelet (or a strap or whatever)?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Do you ever ONLY want a bracelet (or a strap or whatever)?

Post by H0rati0 »

Deks wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:36 pm
I hope the seals will be ok in the warm water tho 😱........
If you can take the heat so can the watch. With the proviso that the seals were not compromised previously.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Thanks for the reply :-). That's reassuring to know It's something I always wondered about. The watch and me are now sparkling clean, hehe.
sjbroadhead
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by sjbroadhead »

I’ve come to realise I’m a huge fan of bracelets and while I appreciate straps occasionally I can’t really be bothered to keep changing non QR straps (and even the QR CW bracelet I find a faff). I can easily keep bracelets looking new whereas straps obviously age quicker.

The only watch on my desired list which I would wear with a strap 100% is a Panerai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

tikkathree wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:08 pm I seem to be in a non-leather strap phase at the moment. I've chosen only braceletted watches for the last week and this morning I wanted this particular watch but I didn't want it on its normal python strap. Really didn't. So out came the bracelet and I'm as happy as the proverbial pig.

Who else has phases of bracelet only?20210529_111304.jpg
Slightly off track, but this inspired me to wear my Anthropocene on bracelet today :thumbup:
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

For my Anthropocene, I have the bracelet, black and orange hybrid, and a tan leather. I mostly wear it on the bracelet though I do mix it up - probably more than other watches I own. Until recent years, bracelets were uncommon in my collection.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

My wife says that I receive new watches on a weekly basis and straps on a daily basis from our postman...

However, nowadays I rarely swap straps, instead I’ve amassed a collection of watches for all occasions that stay on their original pairings. Maybe I’m just lazy!

My dress watch (Certina DS4 small seconds) black leather

My daily (CW C60 300 chrono) rubber (by far my fave)

My smart sporty watch (CW 60 600) bracelet

My GODO (Certina DS action chrono titanium) bracelet
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
GTC854
Senior
Senior

Post by GTC854 »

All my watches were purchased on a bracelet. However I find the quick release system on the CWs is an absolute joy. I am not blessed with any technical ability and the thought of swapping a normal bracelet does not appeal. However my CW’s wear a different strap/bracelet almost every time I wear them. I have the yellow C60LE and a selection of coloured rubber straps which are simply a hoot to wear. In this weather and not being in the office it tends to get more wear than any other watch. It is so easy to match it with a bright t-shirt and it makes me smile every time I wear it. Well done CW for providing us technical incompetents with a perfect way of changing straps!
Gordon
EcosseOz
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by EcosseOz »

Only ever a bracelet watch wearer here, the only exception being when I dive, when my original 35yo+ Waterborne Australia strap gets its deserved time below the surface.

Sadly that fine specimen of a dive strap is no longer a must have, having been sold to Asian interests, it is I believe, sadly, rubbish now.
The CW Collection: Now well used C6IPSI (#2)
C4IP4 (#1331)
C6 Forum LE (#64) -Sold to Tikkathree
C6SWS (#761)
Non-CW: A Breitling, 3x Omega, 1xMido, that now (13y) more ancient Raymond Weil and a Dead Seiko I can't part with (32yrs+)
MadMrB
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MadMrB »

The vast majority of the time I wear my watches on bracelet, and only occasionally on leather two piece straps or single pass fabric. One of the issues I have with leather straps is I hate seeing a "tail", and CW used to have the perfect solution with their superb bader clasp straps. However I'm very disappointed now that CW offer so little choice in their leather straps, with few with a bader clasp and no size (length) options.

Whilst I appreciate that the vast selection they used to offer a couple of years ago much have been a logisitics nightmare, beacause customers could select many different head/strap options, surely they could offer more choice purely as additional after sales options which would also generate additional revenue?
Arches

Post by Arches »

I would love to wear the bracelet all the time except my work involves a lot of typing so don’t want to scuff up the clasp. But on weekends, it’s great to wear the clasp when going out or punching up a more casual outfit.