C60 Elite 1000 GMT - Owners thoughts?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Bomber133

C60 Elite 1000 GMT - Owners thoughts?

Post by Bomber133 »

Hi All,

To save hijacking any of the other threads - I'm thinking of purchasing my first Christopher Ward.

I like the look of the C60 Elite 1000 GMT and wondered what owners' opinions were for those that have had one for a while.

Cheers,

James
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: C60 Elite 1000 GMT - Owners thoughts?

Post by MiniMpi »

Hi James,

I adore my C60 Elite GMT, a really comfortable and feather light watch.
Great colours in either version, I have the blue with orange.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

20210423_222157.jpg
20210206_144107.jpg
:thumbup: Another happy owner here :thumbup:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20FLE
Some other brands
Bomber133

Post by Bomber133 »

Thanks both. I'm thinking of the black although the blue and orange is great as well.

How do you find the weight/size/height compare to some of your other watches.

I've got a Sea Dweller and a Bremont both of which are pretty tall so I don't mind the height so much.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Bomber133 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:35 pm Thanks both. I'm thinking of the black although the blue and orange is great as well.

How do you find the weight/size/height compare to some of your other watches.

I've got a Sea Dweller and a Bremont both of which are pretty tall so I don't mind the height so much.
You instantly notice how light it is compared to a similar watch in stainless steel. Big difference.
You forget it's on your wrist.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I humbly think it looks an absolutely brilliantly looking watch for what thats worth :-)
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

The operative phrase hee should just be...

Badassness!

That's what I think of mine. It is the reason I don't buy a Planet Ocean to go with my SMP 300m. I have a C60 Elite GMT that I find much more appealing than and Omega Planet Ocean....
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

brash47 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:32 am The operative phrase hee should just be...

Badassness!
I take it that what we are discussing here is not DDS (Disobedient Donkey Syndrome)?

Though why one should be attracted to a watch with an inferior posterior is quite beyond me.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Just in case you haven’t made up your mind yet, I’d certainly say that my C60 Elite 1000 GMT is one of the three I wear most often.

It’s super lightweight, and although quite tall (case thickness) you really don’t even notice you’re wearing it :thumbup:

I love mine in blue, but I think the black variant is classy too.

C20A0689-2809-437F-BB9C-F655316A5528.jpeg
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Bomber133

Post by Bomber133 »

Height isn't an issue particularly as I have a couple of quite tall watches.

Does look great in both colour schemes.

Still planning on picking one up ... Just a question of timing.
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

I’ve owned both black and blue variants and definitely echo the sentiments of others about the light weight and comfort of these.

My only, slight, criticism, is that I felt they wore quite small due to the size of bezel and inner GMT ring vs the dial.

This is slightly exacerbated by the case depth - although that never really bothered me hugely.
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
ssholloway21
Senior
Senior

Post by ssholloway21 »

I am looking to buy the non GMT version. As stated above this watch is a bit thick. For those of you who own a couple of questions if you do not mind:

- How does it wear on the rubber strap since it is so tall, does it bobble around?
- Does the titanium scratch easy?
- Since I am looking at the non-GMT should I just look to get the standard Trident instead?
- Is the finishing on the Elite nicer than the standard Trident? It does look that way.

Thank you for any help you guys can provide!
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

ssholloway21 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:49 pm I am looking to buy the non GMT version. As stated above this watch is a bit thick. For those of you who own a couple of questions if you do not mind:

- How does it wear on the rubber strap since it is so tall, does it bobble around?
- Since I am looking at the non-GMT should I just look to get the standard Trident instead?
- Is the finishing on the Elite nicer than the standard Trident? It does look that way.

I can't answer some of your questions directly but I went through the process myself last year and settled on the C60 Ombré LE. In my opinion they are both great but very different watches.

Height - the C60 is about 13.5 mm and the Elite is about 15.5 mm. So this might be a factor. The Elite will sit higher on the wrist. I don't think the height will be an issue with wobble since the Elite is 77g and the C60 is 95g for the watch head alone. I can say that the C60 feels heavy on the wrist but at 13.4 it sits nice and low. (NOTE - 95g is for the 42mm version).

The finish on the two are different because they are different materials but I wouldn't say one is better than the other. They are both good.

Scratches. I think they scratch about the same but the titanium will show more because of the darker finish and oxidation. But scratches in titanium also fade over time so it might be a wash.

Matte verses gloss bezel. One reason I went with the Ombré is because it had a matte bezel with full markings (all 60 minutes). The elite also has a matte bezel.

C60 has a date and the Elite has day/date. You might like the feature. Didn't sway me one way or the other.

In the end, the height and the bezel won out over the lighter titanium and the extreme depth. I also didn't have to pay for the titanium. Unfortunately, the Ombré is now sold out so you would be stuck with the regular C60 or the bronze Ombré that has the same features as mine (except for the bronze case).

If I was looking to buy today I would honestly have a tough time. The C60 isn't exactly what I would want and the Elite is almost there but nearly 2x the cost.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
ssholloway21
Senior
Senior

Post by ssholloway21 »

rkovars wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:46 pm
ssholloway21 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:49 pm I am looking to buy the non GMT version. As stated above this watch is a bit thick. For those of you who own a couple of questions if you do not mind:

I can't answer some of your questions directly but I went through the process myself last year and settled on the C60 Ombré LE. In my opinion they are both great but very different watches.

Height - the C60 is about 13.5 mm and the Elite is about 15.5 mm. So this might be a factor. The Elite will sit higher on the wrist. I don't think the height will be an issue with wobble since the Elite is 77g and the C60 is 95g for the watch head alone. I can say that the C60 feels heavy on the wrist but at 13.4 it sits nice and low. (NOTE - 95g is for the 42mm version).

The finish on the two are different because they are different materials but I wouldn't say one is better than the other. They are both good.

Scratches. I think they scratch about the same but the titanium will show more because of the darker finish and oxidation. But scratches in titanium also fade over time so it might be a wash.

Matte verses gloss bezel. One reason I went with the Ombré is because it had a matte bezel with full markings (all 60 minutes). The elite also has a matte bezel.

C60 has a date and the Elite has day/date. You might like the feature. Didn't sway me one way or the other.

In the end, the height and the bezel won out over the lighter titanium and the extreme depth. I also didn't have to pay for the titanium. Unfortunately, the Ombré is now sold out so you would be stuck with the regular C60 or the bronze Ombré that has the same features as mine (except for the bronze case).

If I was looking to buy today I would honestly have a tough time. The C60 isn't exactly what I would want and the Elite is almost there but nearly 2x the cost.
Thank you for the response! Your last sentence is exactly where I am. I like the matt finish, the red triangle on the bezel, Chronometer rating, and the display case back; but all that is twice the price. I may just get the standard in black and white and then I have two for the price of one. There is just something about the elite. A tough decision!