My Elite GMT blue v my Rolex GMT Pepsi

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Stoowoo

My Elite GMT blue v my Rolex GMT Pepsi

Post by Stoowoo »

The Rolex is better finished, has a better movement including true GMT, is (cold eyes here) potentially better looking (mine is on the jubilee fyi) but lume wise it's equal, bezel action arguable, but, having had my CW regulated, it is +1 a day not the +2 the Roly is.

I did get my Rolex at retail. £7750) I got my CW ELITE GMT (which I know I shouldn't but wear in showers and pools and as a beater) for exactly 1/7th of that in a sale deal.

The ceramic is equal. And I can change my own straps on CW not go cap in hand to the Rolex AD (cos you never know if they have a device in there that monitors well, you know...).

I wear my Roles once a week when I know I am nowhere near stone, metal or 30m from my house.

I've answered my own question haven't i? Tkae lots of pics with me wearing the Rolex, sell it and invest half the money on gold/silvEr and use the other £7kto fill up on CWs!
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: My Elite GMT blue v my Rolex GMT Pepsi

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Stoowoo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:37 am
I wear my Roles once a week when I know I am nowhere near stone, metal or 30m from my house.

I've answered my own question haven't i? Tkae lots of pics with me wearing the Rolex, sell it and invest half the money on gold/silvEr and use the other £7kto fill up on CWs!
You have. If you are so concerned it might be damaged or stolen, then you probably need to sell it. It doesn’t sound as though you enjoy it for what it is. A watch, and certainly a quality SS sports-style watch, is designed to be worn and enjoyed, not to sit in the box looking pretty. Well, that’s my theory anyway.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
5oclockhero
Senior
Senior

Post by 5oclockhero »

Its impossible to make a case for a Rolex based upon value for money, and even taking into account retained value and high level of quality. Once the fact that many will have paid over rrp, or bought other watches in order to be allowed to purchase one, is taken into account, the percentage of original rrp retained becomes very blurred.

Usually the reason people will pay over the odds for an item is exclusivity and rarity. However is a Rolex rare when they produce them in Ford Fiesta rivaling production numbers?

So really they have become an expensive fashion item or status symbol.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Stoowoo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:37 am I wear my Roles once a week when I know I am nowhere near stone, metal or 30m from my house.

Now here is a thought. :)

On the basis that you could perhaps sell the Rolex GMT for almost twice the RRP...

A few scratches will only drop the value slightly. You will still be quids in. Just wear it.

Alternatively wear a less valuable smaller Rolex when climbing, brick laying, washing the car or stacking goods on metal shelving. Less likely to scratch or bash a smaller watch.

We like pics here. It would be good to see a couple of side by side pics of the Rolex and CW GMTS and wrist shots to give me an idea of how the CW wears compared with the Rolex, as my initial thought when released is that the CW Elite GMT would wear a bit large on my 7” wrist compared with something like a maxi case Rolex. Thanks.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Personally I have two rules of thumb where a watch is concerned. The first: A watch should be worn and enjoyed without fear or trepidation. The second: See rule 1. No matter what watches I might acquire going forward, this will always be my modus operandi.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ There is no Rule Six, Bruce.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ @nbg - the CW C60 Elite GMT wears smaller than you'd think, due to the white chapter ring.

You'd be fine with one Neil.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

You have some fine watches it sounds, a classic Rolex and a great CW to boot.

In general, I would say if you don't wear a watch you'd be as well selling it. I have a couple of decent watches and wear them for all sorts of mad crazy activities ( :wink: ) that I do....my SMP is my golf watch and I'll happily cycle wearing Panerai, Tudor etc. Yes I'd probably be somewhat upset if I damaged them but isnt life too short to worry about small stuff like that.

So let me know if you are looking for any offers around retail for your Pepsi :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way