C60 MK3.5?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: C60 MK3.5?

Post by StrappedUp »

Sorry I haven't followed up sooner to the responses so far.

A few of the responses have been geared towards what CW have stated is their position. Understand and appreciate their stance, but it was more about trying to gauge members personal preference.

Would you see it as a beneficial move?

I understand there would be cost implications. New tooling for a dial, but I can't imagine this would outweigh potential sales that have clearly been missed (again, going from Internet commentary).
Ryan
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

exHowfener wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:49 pm Sounds to me like it would muddy the waters to make the C60 & C63 too similar. For any manufacturer, there needs to be a definable difference between ranges, otherwise they just eat each others sales. I don't think it would make economic sense, but if I'm wrong then:
1) People will say so
2) CW will do as you suggest.
That is a very valid point.

My first thought was to refer to the Aqua Terra and SMP as they share a similar case, but the dials are quite different.
The CW on the other hand would look the same without a re-vamp that went further than just logo and date.
Not sure it would matter though. After all, the original C65 classic was just a C60 without a dive bezel.
Ryan
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

I quite like the Mk3 with the name at 9, opposite the date at 3. Were CW to release a Mk3.5 or 4 I won’t be rushing out to buy it as I quite enjoy my C60 Mk3 and short of letting it go, won’t even try justifying another simply because it is newer and shinier. I wouldn’t rule out selling, but in 35 years I have not sold any watch. I could see adding another watch were it substantially different from what I already have. The Sealander Elite is my next consideration because it is significantly different from any in my collection.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Aresjab
CW-watches: 1

Post by Aresjab »

H0rati0 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:10 pm Move the logo, keep the rest - it's good.

I could be tempted by a bronze then....
I find the bronze is pretty well balanced since the two flags logo is actually visible at 12.
C60 Bronze Ombré MK3

Jeff
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Aresjab wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:36 am
H0rati0 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:10 pm Move the logo, keep the rest - it's good.

I could be tempted by a bronze then....
I find the bronze is pretty well balanced since the two flags logo is actually visible at 12.
It would be even better balanced with logo at twelve and twin flags at 9. IMHO natch.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)