CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: SH21 servicing cost???

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

What's up?

In what way is the movement damaged? What is not working properly?

Also have you got the Owners Handbook or a Certificate of Authority to show how old it is? It might still be under warranty (I can't find information right now on it, that I know is on the forum, to guide me on this).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

If you just purchased this watch (e.g. on eBay), you could potentially return it for not being as described, although if you have the CoA you might prefer to keep it and get it repaired.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bahnstormer_vRS

PS> I take it, this is your 1 of 32 Red bezel C60 Trident Automatic SH21.

Guy

MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

As Guy and Patrick said, it may be covered under the warranty but for your information to service an SH21 is £350.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

MiniMpi wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:49 am for your information to service an SH21 is £350.
Which is mega reasonable for a Manufacture movement. For comparison, my Zenith cal 655 which is similar (chronometer/date/small seconds/PR) would cost €600+VAT.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

H0rati0 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:22 pm
MiniMpi wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:49 am for your information to service an SH21 is £350.
Which is mega reasonable for a Manufacture movement. For comparison, my Zenith cal 655 which is similar (chronometer/date/small seconds/PR) would cost €600+VAT.
Just been quoted £550 for an IWC Pilot and it isn’t even in house.

However to add balance both IWC and Zenith will refurbish the watch for that price. CW will only touch the movement and not the case.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

iain wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:23 pm
However to add balance both IWC and Zenith will refurbish the watch for that price. CW will only touch the movement and not the case.
That is true and the big boys do do a good job, I found Zenith very easy and responsive to deal with.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

MiniMpi wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:49 am As Guy and Patrick said, it may be covered under the warranty but for your information to service an SH21 is £350.
ok I'm dead then...... I bought this watch from a guy who bought it from eBay and none of them have the ordering number or the warranty booklet.

I knew for a fact this watch is less than 5 years old but I can't prove it to Chris Ward, should I pay the $500 movement repair fee plus shipping to fix the watch or should I return it back to the owner for a refund? Its really unfortunate because I loved the watch and its sad that I can not get this watch fixed. Anyone have any ideas as to what should I do at this point? :( :( :(
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:32 am What's up?

Also have you got the Owners Handbook or a Certificate of Authority to show how old it is? It might still be under warranty (I can't find information right now on it, that I know is on the forum, to guide me on this).

Guy

The movement is damaged as in the watch stopped on me when I was wearing it. At first I thought the automatic winding of the watch isn't working properly because it shouldn't stop on my wrist, I gave the watch a few turns and it started to run again, but after a few hours the watch became dead completely and this time even with me wounding it the watch will not move.

I also realized that the rotor wasn't spinning freely in the watch, as it will spin half way thru and hit something then stop, right now even if I shake the watch a bit nothing is spinning. :( :( :(
Bahnstormer_vRS

NeWard wrote:
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:32 am What's up?

Guy

The movement is damaged as in the watch stopped on me when I was wearing it. At first I thought the automatic winding of the watch isn't working properly because it shouldn't stop on my wrist, I gave the watch a few turns and it started to run again, but after a few hours the watch became dead completely and this time even with me wounding it the watch will not move.

I also realized that the rotor wasn't spinning freely in the watch, as it will spin half way thru and hit something then stop, right now even if I shake the watch a bit nothing is spinning. :( :( :(
That's not good.

Give me a few minutes to look something up.

Guy

Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

H0rati0 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:22 pm £350.
[/quote]

It may be slightly justifiable but it's a lot to service just the movement on a CW. In context, they recommend servicing every 4/5 years don't they?

A modern Rolex only needs serviced once every 10 years which means the upkeep of the CW is on a par with a Rolex. The Rolex will come back like a new watch for that cost though.
Bahnstormer_vRS

@NeWard - OK, I've found the info I was looking for here on the forum, relating to the 32 piece 'LE' run of Red bezel / Black dial SH21 powered C60 Trident Mk2s.

You will find this topic in the Gallery has some useful information for you;- C60 Trident Pro 600 COSC 5 Days - Red/Black ”LE"; specifically this post;-
garsy69 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:36 pm I asked Wera when I bought mine (end of 2016) and she seemed to think that there were 19 sold in the first batch and 13 were due in the second and that was 'likely to be the last of them'....

Not sure they were ever sold at full COSC RRP - I got mine at 35% off RRP IIRC - a little annoyed they came down further in the Spring Sale but absolutely no regrets whatsoever!!
. . . .the relevant bit being "when I bought mine (end of 2016) ".

On this basis these watches are going to be a little less than 5 years old, therefore still under warranty, although a service is recommended around the 4 year point.

Bottom line, in my view, is you either need to return it to the seller for a refund or, if this is not practical / desirable, you need to put your faith in CW and send it in to them for repair.

Guy

NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:25 pm @NeWard - OK, I've found the info I was looking for here on the forum, relating to the 32 piece 'LE' run of Red bezel / Black dial SH21 powered C60 Trident Mk2s.

You will find this topic in the Gallery has some useful information for you;- C60 Trident Pro 600 COSC 5 Days - Red/Black ”LE"; specifically this post;-
garsy69 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:36 pm I asked Wera when I bought mine (end of 2016) and she seemed to think that there were 19 sold in the first batch and 13 were due in the second and that was 'likely to be the last of them'....

Not sure they were ever sold at full COSC RRP - I got mine at 35% off RRP IIRC - a little annoyed they came down further in the Spring Sale but absolutely no regrets whatsoever!!
. . . .the relevant bit being "when I bought mine (end of 2016) ".

On this basis these watches are going to be a little less than 5 years old, therefore still under warranty, although a service is recommended around the 4 year point.

Bottom line, in my view, is you either need to return it to the seller for a refund or, if this is not practical / desirable, you need to put your faith in CW and send it in to them for repair.

Guy
Thank you for this information!! I did not know they only made that little amount of the Red Bezel combination because my serial number is in the triple digits...

I'm contacting CW right now and they are requesting for the warranty booklet and the ordering number, I followed up with my issues on the watch and am currently waiting for a reply. I will try my best to get this resolved with CW, if I can't get it fixed then only thing to do is returning it :(
Bahnstormer_vRS

^^^^ Yes; its quite a rare piece and worth keeping if you can.

Good luck, hope it goes well for you.

Guy