C65 trident vs. Dartmouth

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Robert0

C65 trident vs. Dartmouth

Post by Robert0 »

Hello - i have just took the plunge on the Dartmouth but have to wait a month to get my hands on it. I’m since beginning to wish i went for the c65 trident - i love retro divers! Anyone have both or views on which is a better watch? I’m tempted to get both but they are fairly similar !
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: C65 trident vs. Dartmouth

Post by rkovars »

Case wise they are identical. Movement, the Dartmouth is COSC where the C65 Trident is not. Other than that it boils down to esthetics. I think the Dartmouth takes more cues from vintage Seamasters and the Trident more from vintage Rolex. I personally have the Dartmouth but I really like the Trident too.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I have a Dartmouth and have to say I prefer the dial to the C65 Trident. Logo is at 12 too so does have perfect symmetry. I also prefer the blue of the Dartmouth which I believe is more vibrant than the blue of the Trident (although I haven't handled a Trident in the flesh)
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Robert0

Post by Robert0 »

Thanks guys... and exactly my logic greyman. C65 does look great on both a bracelet and brown leather though!
scampbell61
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by scampbell61 »

I have the blue C65 Trident and the black C65 Dartmouth. It would be hard to pick one over the other, the blue on the Trident is amazing and you can change the look of the watch so much with the different strap options. The Dartmouth with its Seamaster deign cues is an instant classic for me. To pick one over the other would just depend on what I am wearing that day.
Trident.jpg
Dartmouth.jpg
Stewart
“Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.” ― Eric Hoffer

C65 -Dune, C63-Sealander GMT, C60 Atoll 300 “Shark White”, Twelve, and C65 Chronograph
Robert0

Post by Robert0 »

They both look gorgeous!
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Personally, I prefer the more subtle markings of the trident version.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

You can't really go wrong with either of them, the Dartmouth wears slightly larger than the C65 Automatic as it's bezel extends slightly more.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

I say go w/ both as they are both lookers and represent good value for the $ spent..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

JAFO wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:08 pm Personally, I prefer the more subtle markings of the trident version.
If you like a more interesting, but busier dial and bezel, stay with the Dartmouth. However, if you prefer a more traditional dial and simple bezel, go for the Trident. Both are a great choices. Follow your instincts. When it comes to multiple choice tests, your choice is usually the correct choice.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
BJH
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 18

Post by BJH »

The only thing I could add to this is that 'as an owner of both' the Dartmouth gets much more wrist time than the C65.
DCwatchfan

Post by DCwatchfan »

scampbell61 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:02 pm I have the blue C65 Trident and the black C65 Dartmouth. It would be hard to pick one over the other, the blue on the Trident is amazing and you can change the look of the watch so much with the different strap options. The Dartmouth with its Seamaster deign cues is an instant classic for me. To pick one over the other would just depend on what I am wearing that day.Trident.jpgDartmouth.jpg
How's the lume on the black Dartmouth? And is it different from the Trident?
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

There’s a black C65 Trident that a forum member has been trying to sell. Reach out to redmonaco if you’re seriously interested.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Robert0

Post by Robert0 »

Buy both is sounding the more likely option...
Robert0

Post by Robert0 »

Finally got the Dartmouth after a very long delay. Impressed but not nearly as blue as i was expecting

4348CD1C-4C83-4376-9ED3-D5F7C7458B95.jpeg