Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C63 Sealander Automatic - a rather positive review

Post by jkbarnes »

I couldn’t get past the first couple of sentences. I guess his style didn’t click with me. That, and I couldn’t see the pics.
Drew
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

It's not really my style either (as a review). But he did like the watch and the pictures were good.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

I’m seeing the pics now. They are really good and show the watch off quite well. If CW brings this out in a 36mm, I’ll have a hard time resisting.
Drew
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Quite enjoyed reading that and he clearly loves the watch. Good pics as well. bloomin good watch to be fair.
Cheers now, Paul
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Will Duncan certainly writes a rather different style of review to most other sites. He doesn’t hold back and tells it how it is.

All the interaction I’ve had with him via Facebook and messenger (we’ve traded watches in the past) has been just as honest. He’s an all round decent bloke and what you read in his reviews is what you get in conversation with him, he’s certainly not hiding behind a persona.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

iain wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:32 pm Will Duncan certainly writes a rather different style of review to most other sites. He doesn’t hold back and tells it how it is.
It’s a very positive review, for sure, and for the most part the writing is very good indeed: highly literate, expressive and well constructed. So it quite defeats me why, on five or six occasions, he needs to go plumbing the depths and using scatological words and phrases.

It’s within a piece of writing, so it’s clearly intentional. I just find it rather unnecessary.

That apart, a good review and some great photographs. Shame he has to spoil it.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:22 pm
iain wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:32 pm Will Duncan certainly writes a rather different style of review to most other sites. He doesn’t hold back and tells it how it is.
It’s a very positive review, for sure, and for the most part the writing is very good indeed: highly literate, expressive and well constructed. So it quite defeats me why, on five or six occasions, he needs to go plumbing the depths and using scatological words and phrases.

It’s within a piece of writing, so it’s clearly intentional. I just find it rather unnecessary.

That apart, a good review and some great photographs. Shame he has to spoil it.
+1
That's exactly my thoughts too, Steve.
It completely put me off reading the article and ended up just looking at the pictures.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

StrapMeister wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:55 pm +1
That's exactly my thoughts too, Steve.
It completely put me off reading the article and ended up just looking at the pictures.
Same. The pics are absolutely worth taking a look at. In fact, they almost tempted me to go back and give the review another go….but I didn’t.
Drew
CW257
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by CW257 »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:15 am I’m seeing the pics now. They are really good and show the watch off quite well. If CW brings this out in a 36mm, I’ll have a hard time resisting.
How likely do we think that is? I’m trying to hold off until January for my next purchase, but at the moment it’ll be a Sealander. A 36mm would be my preference and if they released one shortly after I’d bought a 38mm version I’d be quite peeved, as I’m sure lots of other customers would be!
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

CW257 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:36 pm How likely do we think that is?
Who knows? I think the size was brought up in another thread in reference to the original Rolex Explorer and what looks like a trend back towards smaller sizes.
Drew