Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Just some random rambling

Post by Deks »

Hi all,

Im just laying in bed with lots of leg pain and thought I'd take my mind off things to post some random ramblings about my watch love...

I'm still wearing my new ocean blue SC. My other watches are getting jealous and I will pay them some love later in the week but for now the combo with the bright orange nato (worn like a normal strap, one layer from watch to wrist ) is giving me a massive amount of joy. I love the look of the watch but I have to say I really dislike the accuracy of about plus 15 secs a day. I tested its magnetism with a compass today but no sign at all at any. I tried a degauss and will check accuracy tomorrow to see if any improvement.

For now I will enjoy the looks of my current favourite watch (apart from the accuracy).
SC orange (1).JPG
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: Just some random rambling

Post by MiniMpi »

Hi Mike,
Great photo by the way !

I get wound up (pardon the pun) on accuracy a lot with my watches, but unless seriously wrong I leave them be.
My C9 AM GT LE was about +19 or something when I got it and I was very put out by this.
However it has settled down to about +12 in a recent test. Still not outstanding by any standards but not the end of the world.
I am happy enough with it for now.

My C65 Pepsi GMT however was about -2 when I got it from memory and of late is at about -27 which is not good at all and is shortly going back to CW to get checked out and regulated under warranty.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

That’s my favorite strap for any of the SC color variants! Amazing how different the 3 are, but they all look spectacular on an orange strap.

Keep an eye on the timing. Per CW, they are within spec at -20/+20 per day. CW wouldn’t consider a warranty regulation unless it’s outside of that.

As much as I like the SC, I’d like to see more of the C65 316L! That yellow dial...
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Morning Ferg, Alex and anyone else bored enough to read this. I've had less than 5 hour sleep and am high as a kite again. Just taken another pregabalin to get me through the morning. I'm back in bed now for another hour while this pill kicks in on top of what is already in my system. I shouldn't admit it but I just nearly weed myself just now as I couldnt walk at all when I got out of bed and the back is in total spasm and it took 5 mins just stood prising myself straight before I could slowly walk to the bathroom!

Anyway more importantly lets talk watches! I thought i'd give an interesting update on the SC. 5 days later and it's still on my wrist! I'm loving it so much. The orange strap really has changed how great this watch is altho I may change it today as the other watches are starting to grumble. Haha

One of the reasons im typing this is to give an update on the accuracy. As I mentioned, It (she) was around +12 secs/day which as Alex mentions is well within tolerance. Anyhow I checked it for magnetism a couple of days ago by hovering it over a compass and there was no sign of any magnetism at all but I thought i'd still try demagnatisong it with the cheap blue device people use. I did it for 10 secs and slowly lifted it away and have been checking it for 38 hours now and it has improved to +7 secs a day which is a decent improvement considering. I've no idea how it has worked as it wasnt showing it was magnesised but im pleased there was an improvement so I thought I would share this 😆

Ok ive rambled on too much and I hope you all have a safe and happy day

Love

Mike ❤
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Hi Mike,

Good to hear from you.

I have done a demagnetize on some of my watches even though they passed the compass test.
Also as you wore the SC for 5 days could also be a consideration as the longer you wear a watch will also make it more accurate I find.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Hi Ferg,

It's fascinating watch accuracy due to different positions of the crown and activity of the wearer etc. Just to add its now averaging 6sec/day which i'm pretty happy with now compared the original accuracy at up to plus 18 sec/day :-)

It was a great investment getting the demagnetiser at roughly £9

All the best

Mike

ps im bored in a conference call so browsing the forums while getting paid :-)
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Deks wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:06 pm ps im bored in a conference call so browsing the forums while getting paid :-)
I think that happens more often than people admit :lol:

I’m doing the same...
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Hehe :lol:
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Deks wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:06 pm ps im bored in a conference call so browsing the forums while getting paid :-)
If you wait to go to the toilet until you get to work instead of before you leave home, you can get paid for doing your business as well......

I think I read that in viz top tips if anyone remembers that comic.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

:clap: :lol: :lol:
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

What's wrong with you guys? Waiting to go to the loo at work and browsing forums during conference calls!

I just go straight to sleep when I get in 😂