Bracelet half links are coming !!!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Lu..
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Bracelet half links are coming !!!

Post by Lu.. »

Seems like half links are on the C63 while watching a youtube unboxing of a Sealander.

Posted a comment about it and someone replied that CW will be offering half links to all their models (C60 & C65) in the summer.

These kind of posts get lost in the community so decided to start this thread.

This is welcome news to me since my C65 is set at maximum and can't use the micro-adjustment when my wrist swells up....

if you see them for sale and install them...please post & discuss....
Ω Moonwatch 3861 Sapphire ... Bulova "Mickey Mouse" ... C.Ward C65 Trident ... Movado Esperanza Museum ... Longines Model 2133
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Bracelet half links are coming !!!

Post by jkbarnes »

I’ll probably order half links for my C65 AMGT LE bracelet. They’d be most beneficial for the bracelet on my MK1 C65 Trident Vintage, but I’m assuming the half links will only be for the current style of bracelets. Kudos to CW if I’m wrong about that!
Drew
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

This is brilliant news. I will definitely buying some as I'm at the dread inbetween sizes at the moment
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

I loved this bit of news too. My C60s are fine, but I need this for my SC for it to fit properly. I’ve been dealing with it juuuuuuuuust a little too large for months now.

#FirstWorldProblems
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Whilst I acknowledge and applaud the introduction of half-links, I do wonder about the efficacy.

The five positions on the ratchet of my C 65 bracelet would appear to give me at least as much latitude as an extra half link.

Fully closed, it would feel a bit snug anywhere except on a sleigh ride in the freezer. Fully open, it would feel jangly-bangly in a Mysore monsoon.

Maybe my wrist doesn’t shrink and swell as much as some people’s?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:59 pm Whilst I acknowledge and applaud the introduction of half-links, I do wonder about the efficacy.

The five positions on the ratchet of my C 65 bracelet would appear to give me at least as much latitude as an extra half link.

Fully closed, it would feel a bit snug anywhere except on a sleigh ride in the freezer. Fully open, it would feel jangly-bangly in a Mysore monsoon.

Maybe my wrist doesn’t shrink and swell as much as some people’s?
Both my bracelets are sized at an extreme, with the micro adjuster fully out. This gives just one direction for adjustment. In most circumstances, it works just fine. But there are enough occasions where a little bit of play to expand the bracelet would be perfect. A half link should allow to size the bracelet with the micro adjust dead center with the ability to loosen or tighten as necessary.

I only wish the half links will be available for my older bracelet for my C65 Trident Vintage, as that is ALWAYS on the bracelet, but I’m not holding out hope.

And an added bonus will be the ability to better place the clasp on the underside of my wrist....hopefully. Right now it’s good but could be better.
Drew
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

I remember someone posting on a thread somewhere the measurements of the links and the travel of the ratchet and that in some cases it wouldn’t work.

For me, right now the ratchet is all the way in and still a little loose. If I take a link out, I have to have the ratchet all the way out and it’s a little tight. No way for me to make it just right, which is counter to the whole point of the micro adjust system. They either need to make the micro adjust ratchet travel farther or add half links.

I’m more than happy with half links! Excited to get one.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

jkbarnes wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:41 pm Both my bracelets are sized at an extreme, with the micro adjuster fully out. This gives just one direction for adjustment. In most circumstances, it works just fine. But there are enough occasions where a little bit of play to expand the bracelet would be perfect. A half link should allow to size the bracelet with the micro adjust dead center with the ability to loosen or tighten as necessary.
Exactly this for me too... generally the bracelets are fully expanded and then when I go outside my wrist normally shrinks and so I tighten it up 1, 2 or 3 notches. If it gets a bit warmer though, there is no real adjustment for expansion and so it gets a little tight. Having adjustment both ways (via the half link) would allow that.

I should say though that I find the CW bracelets very comfortable indeed and usually don’t notice any additional tightness, but when I do, having the adjustment outwards would make all the difference :thumbup:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^Interesting. Mine seems to spend all its life in Position 2 or 3 from fully closed.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
hgercek

Post by hgercek »

I wish they also sold bader clasps seperately.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Part of the problem for those just on the limits is the links are something like 10mm but the micro adjustment is is 6 or 8mm so its very difficult to get the right fit due to wrist expansion. The half link will put the micro adjuster in the middle so that it can either be made tighter or slacker depending on the time of day. Thats my hope anyway and for that reason I'm over the moon at this announcement 😁😁👍
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

hgercek wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:22 pm I wish they also sold bader clasps seperately.
You can get decent versions on eBay. Try "omega clasp".
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

I'm the "someone" referenced in the OP of this thread who shared this information which came directly from Mike France. He announced that CW decided to start offering half links in their bracelets going forward in response to numerous customer requests, and that existing customers would not be required to buy new bracelets since they were going to have half links for sale with expected availability beginning this summer. I find such customer focus one of the things that differentiates CW from most other watch manufacturers, while many of their competitors might only make them available with the purchase of a new bracelet.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I'm in the fortunate position that the standard links and ratchet adjustable clasp suit my 7.5" wrist down to a T, in all the CW watches I own, or have owned, regardless of lug-2-lug length or depth of the case back.

I can appreciate however that if my wrist was, say, a quarter of an inch larger or smaller it might be a very different matter.

Its therefore great that CW will be offering half links soon. I just hope they don't change the standard length, 170mm, of a bracelet (6 + 6 links) other than perhaps to add an additional half link.

It has been reported on here the the C63 Sealander bracelet has half links. Is someone able to confirm this and give details of the length of bracelet and number of links?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
hgercek

Post by hgercek »

JAFO wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:30 pm
hgercek wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:22 pm I wish they also sold bader clasps seperately.
You can get decent versions on eBay. Try "omega clasp".
I already have two of them and they are fine. But I think the Bader clasp feels more secure and better made.