Incoming - C65 Super Compressor Ocean Blue

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: Incoming...????

Post by StrapMeister »

gannet wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:32 am nah there's no need, was just jesting - correct guess was my reward :D
:thumbup:

This is definitely a strap monster /1 watch multiple look.
It came on the blue turquoise Tiber leather strap.
C65 SC OB Tiber.jpg
Currently fitted with the BoR bracelet as can been seen in a previous post.
However, I've just ordered a couple of other quick release straps for this - they should turn up tomorrow so photos to follow.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

I actually think that blue leather looks absolutely brilliant with it. Such a perfect match
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

stefs wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:17 pm I actually think that blue leather looks absolutely brilliant with it. Such a perfect match
Agreed Paul :thumbup:

I had my eye on and bought this with the specific intention of it being a Holiday watch (albeit it won't be reserved just for that purpose), that is, 1 watch, different quick release pin straps to change the look/colour combo very easily plus it has a 150M WR rating which is fine for swimming/snorkeling.
I haven't been this enthused about a watch for a while now - ticks all the boxes :D
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ You could always try the CW orange Tiber.

Should look good too.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:05 pm ^^^^ You could always try the CW orange Tiber.
Should look good too.
Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
I do have the CW Orange Tiber on the radar, however, as I'm looking at this being a Holiday watch (swimming, etc..), then I wanted to go down the rubber strap route.

1 one watch - many looks :D
C65 SC OB 01.JPG
C65 SC OB 02.JPG
C65 SC OB 03.JPG
C65 SC OB 04.JPG
C65 SC OB 05.JPG
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Incoming - C65 Super Compressor Ocean Blue

Post by gannet »

All great looks :thumbsup:
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

Some more strap ideas! Almost anything goes with this watch! :thumbup:

W&W Mai Tai ADPT
IMG_1866 (2).jpg

CW black Tropic.
IMG_1811 (2).jpg

W&W Rust ADPT.
20210307_200843886_iOS (2).jpg

Mora Grey NATO.
20210126_141216721_iOS (2).jpg

CW Orange Tibor.
20201221_212018063_iOS (2).jpg

W&W Thalo Blue ADPT.
20201130_201710506_iOS (2).jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Great pics. Out of interest what accuracy are you getting on your movement?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Sorry, Nigel – late to the party. Well that definitely looks the Bees Knees and I see the Strapmeister is doing his thing already!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

rkovars wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:47 pm Some more strap ideas! Almost anything goes with this watch! :thumbup:
That is some great strap combinations :thumbup:
(albeit I not a big fan of NATOs but do appreciate the colour matches)
Deks wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:14 pm Great pics. Out of interest what accuracy are you getting on your movement?
To be honest I've not checked the accuracy.
(Note to self - would be useful to have a timegrapher)
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:26 pm Sorry, Nigel – late to the party. Well that definitely looks the Bees Knees and I see the Strapmeister is doing his thing already!
Cheers Steve :thumbup: and, yes, I do like to have a play with straps :mrgreen:
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

Deks wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:14 pm Great pics. Out of interest what accuracy are you getting on your movement?
Last time I measured mine I was getting about +2-3 a day. I will have to throw it on the timegrapher and have a look.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

rkovars wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:13 pm
Last time I measured mine I was getting about +2-3 a day. I will have to throw it on the timegrapher and have a look.
Thankyou for the reply :) I just got the same watch from CQW and altho its stated as up to 20 secs a day im getting approx +12. Ive put mine on the timegrapher and face up its all over the place. Im getting really random readings from +2 to about +18. with a beat error of +2.1.

Maybe I should wait for it to settle down as its new watch? The weird thing ive just put it back on the timegrapher and now its +0 to + 8. I only asked this as the I bought a blacksand SC from Iain from these forums and a C60 GMT from Ferg and both are superb and consistant accuracy but my new watches from CW are really poor in comparison. As i type this the timegrather is all over the place up to +17 now. All my other watches at least keep a steady figure

I know its within spec but I've never seen these random readings on a new watch like this before. I dont know if anyone has any comments?

At the end of the day ive handled the watch with cotton gloves so its in perfect unused condition and could take returning it if im not 100% happy with my purchase
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Just to add I put my blacksand (from Iain) on the timegrapher again and its readings are great at +6 (face up) and a really small deviation to +4 after 5 mins of readings, Like I mentioned the new SC is fluctuating all over the place from +2 to +18 and back again all the time. Is this normal? Should I just accept it and stop fretting is what im kind of asking?
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Deks wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:34 pm Just to add I put my blacksand (from Iain) on the timegrapher again and its readings are great at +6 (face up) and a really small deviation to +4 after 5 mins of readings, Like I mentioned the new SC is fluctuating all over the place from +2 to +18 and back again all the time. Is this normal? Should I just accept it and stop fretting is what im kind of asking?
I just had a terrifying flashback when you mentioned +18spd (wiggles, anyone? :lol: )

The bottom line is all those values are within spec for that movement. Accuracy can vary depending on many variables, including but not limited to position and power reserve. Maybe even the timegrapher you’re using is causing some variation? I personally wouldn’t worry over what you’re describing. Maybe someone with more depth of knowledge horologically will chime in with more info.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Thanks Alex. I need to stop fretting and just enjoy the watch. If something is wrong there's the warranty as well 👍