RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Repairs update question

Post by RichM »

Hi Everyone,

my C65 LE SH21 is with CW for a repair.

On 22 Apr I had an "Order Confirmation" for the repair (it's the same document/template as when you buy a watch) so I know they have the watch.

I've had nothing since. I'm only curious if anyone else who has sent a watch in since Apr 12 has had any further update.

I can wait for the watch and I don't want to rush the workshop as I imagine they are stacked out with work and I'm really enjoying my Bremont atm.

TIA, Rich.
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: Repairs update question

Post by RichM »

^^^ I should have added the status of the order says "Despatched" which I assume it isn't as I don't have it. I've put that down to just one of "those things".
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

You are ahead of me. CW have not yet acknowledged receiving mine (shipped 20th April) and DHL won't tell me anything because I am not the account holder = slightly nerve wracking, but as you say no doubt they have a "small" backlog......
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

I sent mine in and they received it on April 22 (I got an email confirmation from CW). By the 26th they had looked it over and determined what it needed and created an order (with no order number - strange) for the repair. The accompanying email said 8-10 weeks for what is a pretty easy repair. To be expected for sure as I am sure they are now flooded with incoming repairs since it opened. I haven't heard anything since then which for me is also expected at this point.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Similarly to rkovars, I recently sent them a watch for a minor repair. I posted it on 27/4 and received an email the next day to say they had received it.

I then received another email on 5/5 to say that a technician had looked at the watch and that the repair will take 8-10 weeks, but hopefully quicker. A minute later I received another email - an Order Confirmation for the repair, which I assumed meant it was now officially "booked in".

RichM - If you've had the same Order Confirmation then I think all is ok. You're just in the repair window now where all you can do is wait.

Hope that helps.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by RichM »

Thank you everyone.

I am happy to sit and wait as it seems I'm part of the process consistent with others.

It will be like receiving a new watch when I get it back. Good outcome!
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

RichM wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:18 pm Thank you everyone.

I am happy to sit and wait as it seems I'm part of the process consistent with others.

It will be like receiving a new watch when I get it back. Good outcome!
any updates?