C63 GMT Black dial vs White dial.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Re: C63 GMT Black dial vs White dial.

Post by Danbailey007 »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:58 pm Great shots and congrats Mini, great choice. I’ve got a video showroom visit tomorrow to help me choose.
I’ve said before that I’m not a big fan of GMTs, but the black might just do it. My ideal would be the black gmt, but without the gmt bit of it! :)
Wouldn't that be the C63 auto then or am I missing something?
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Danbailey007 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:28 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:58 pm Great shots and congrats Mini, great choice. I’ve got a video showroom visit tomorrow to help me choose.
I’ve said before that I’m not a big fan of GMTs, but the black might just do it. My ideal would be the black gmt, but without the gmt bit of it! :)
It’s the bezel. Some how the black Auto is missing something for me. I might see it differently after my virtual showroom visit tomorrow
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Danbailey007 »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:33 pm
Danbailey007 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:28 pm
It’s the bezel. Some how the black Auto is missing something for me. I might see it differently after my virtual showroom visit tomorrow
Ah gotcha, hope tomorrow helps!
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
kidevil

Post by kidevil »

Thanks for sharing these. I was really close to pulling the trigger on the black dial gmt but changed my mind and ordered the Elite instead. I think the dials on these new C63 gmt’s look a wee too big for the overall design. I wish they had more bezel and less dial.
Admit-to-IM

Post by Admit-to-IM »

New to the forum! I just bought my first Christopher Ward watch last week - the C63 White GMT. It is truly stunning. I'm very impressed with the dial, case edges, and overall finishing. So crisp and tidy. 39 mm is the perfect size for me (I think the automatic version would have worked perhaps a bit better as a 36 mm but what are you going to do?).

The only quibble I have is with the GMT hand: I wish it was fully orange. On the black dial, I love how the base of the GMT hand blends into the dial but on the white dial, it obviously doesn't blend in.

I've been looking at CW for a while and I couldn't resist this C63 GMT and I think this will be the first of many CW watches for me. They are undoubtedly one of the most exciting watch brands today - between this release and last year's compressor and sapphire releases, they are really knocking it out of the park.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Thanks for sharing the pics, Ferg. Both dials look great to me, but I'm a sucker for a white dial, so that would be my choice.

I'm not sure what size Declan's wrist is, but assuming that it's not miniscule (I don't remember him being particularly slight) then the pictures do show that this is actually quite a large watch, despite the 39mm case and modest lug-to-lug length. The slim bezel and lack of a chapter ring make it wear big - at least as big as a 42mm C60. IMHO you'd need wrists larger than about 8.5" for this to look too small. However, from lots of images I've seen, there are many that might find a 36mm more suitable - if one is ever launched. Of course, until then the 39mm case is the only option, so a bird in the hand and all that.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Admit-to-IM wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:21 pmThe only quibble I have is with the GMT hand: I wish it was fully orange. On the black dial, I love how the base of the GMT hand blends into the dial but on the white dial, it obviously doesn't blend in.
Yeah. Both dials are very nice, but perhaps the black one edges it for me because of this. :-k

I've got other watches on my list first, but this may be a purchase someday! :D
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

welshlad wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:37 pmI'm not sure what size Declan's wrist is, but assuming that it's not miniscule
It would be good to know his wrist size, to help guide us a bit! Though it looks like he could do with using the CW bracelet resizing service. ;)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

monkeymax wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:06 am
welshlad wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:37 pmI'm not sure what size Declan's wrist is, but assuming that it's not miniscule
It would be good to know his wrist size, to help guide us a bit! Though it looks like he could do with using the CW bracelet resizing service. ;)
I did ask him afterwards for his wrist size so when I find out I'll post it here.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

Glad the photos were helpful for everyone :thumbup:
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Given that the L2L measurement is 45.8 mm I would say that the shots were taken on a fairly small wrist.

I’d take the black over the white any day, but if I were in the market for one I’d wait for a blue version to appear.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Noush »

I can't remember a watch release where black vs white was such a vexed question. And I'm of the same mind.
The similarity of the black with the GS SBGN003 is one I picked up on straight away. That is a beautiful piece and I was very close to pulling the trigger on one myself. I took a left turn when I was seduced by the Big Eye but that is by the by.

So for me the white is a better collection-context pick. You need a reason to pick it up out of the watch box. And they both look SO good. CW knocked it out of the park with C63 in my book.
So much so I go back to the Elite and look for a new colour way. I think that would be sensational in something a "bit different". In say olive green I wouldn't be able to help myself. Actually the more I look at it (Stop it!) just the way it is has me twitching. Both? Help!

Nobody choosing ANY of the C63s could possibly go wrong.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
nburgess
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by nburgess »

Whilst there is obviously no right or wrong decision to be made, I would definitely go with the black. It looks so sharp, and as many have stated already, the GS GMT vibes it has going on, makes it a winner for me.
That's not to say the white isn't a looker. I think perhaps if I was in the market for a new watch, I would plump for the white auto, and the black GMT.
I look forward to seeing your photos when it arrives, Ferg :thumbup:
Neil
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by MiniMpi »

nburgess wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:39 am Whilst there is obviously no right or wrong decision to be made, I would definitely go with the black. It looks so sharp, and as many have stated already, the GS GMT vibes it has going on, makes it a winner for me.
That's not to say the white isn't a looker. I think perhaps if I was in the market for a new watch, I would plump for the white auto, and the black GMT.
I look forward to seeing your photos when it arrives, Ferg :thumbup:
Yes you really can't go wrong with any of the colorways to be be fair.

It will be a couple weeks perhaps Neil but there will be lots of photos of it when it arrives.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Unusually for me, I prefer the white dial.
Probably because I recently sold my only white dialed watch and am missing it.

They both look fantastic, looking forward to seeing your usual great photos Ferg.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39