Stopped working

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Craigdm66

Stopped working

Post by Craigdm66 »

I have a limited edition C30 Chronograph that I bought in 2017. I don't wear it that much as working from home barely gives me the opportunity to get dressed, let alone wear a watch!

I have just noticed that it stopped working a few days ago, is it just a simple battery change that's needed? Or do I just need to wear it more often??

I also have a couple of Quartz CWs and they seem to go one forever!
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Re: Stopped working

Post by welshlad »

Welcome to the forum.

The most likely cause of your problem is that the battery needs replacing. After about 4 years of ticking away, that would be about right. How much you wear it makes no difference for a quartz watch (other than if you use the chronograph features a lot when you wear it then that will reduce the battery life a little).

You could either send it back to CW for a battery change (and full pressure test), get a third party jeweller/repair shop to do it, or do it yourself. That's in descending order of cost and ascending order of risk.

Good luck!
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Craigdm66

Post by Craigdm66 »

Thanks for the prompt response, think I'll drop it off at my local independent jewellers.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

It should be pointed out that if you do decide to use an local independent Jeweler or do it yourself then it will invalidate the remaining warranty on the watch.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Also something to bear in mind is that you have to reset the chronograph hands after the battery change, it's an easy enough procedure and it's in the handbook.