Can I wear my watch while Golfing ?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Re: Can I wear my watch while Golfing ?

Post by Danbailey007 »

albionphoto wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:43 am I just realised I am a Golf driver and that there are drivers in Golf. Help me, help me.
Should I wear a watch whilst driving my Golf?
I'm a Golf driver and a golf player :shock:
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Danbailey007 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:07 pm
albionphoto wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:43 am I just realised I am a Golf driver and that there are drivers in Golf. Help me, help me.
Dan, I think you have a lot to worry about :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

drand wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:06 pm
And the Bora. But some Golfs have a dimpled, golf ball-like gear knob so exercise caution if you have one of those.
Oh no. My gear lever is plotting against me. :lol: :oops: :lol:
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Kip wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:00 pm Few of us play the game properly. We just like to think we can. It is a good reason to have a beer or 2 after a frustrating walk with nature and to reward ourselves for making that one great shot. :D
That was me this morning.
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Danbailey007 »

albionphoto wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:41 pm
Danbailey007 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:07 pm
Dan, I think you have a lot to worry about :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
CW C60 Bronze
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
Omega Seamaster 300M No Time To Die
Omega x Swatch MoonSwatch - Moon & Venus & Mars
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Took my BB58 off while playing today, still not convinced either way, so being cautious.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

Having spent time as a Marine and a SWAT Officer for quite a few years and doing horrible things that could've probably broken many of my autos, I don't take them off for any of it.

I've motorcycle with them for years as well. They all run fine.

I only take off a watch if I'm doing a workout that involves a kettlebell.

I wouldn't worry about a golf game damaging a watch. I might be worried if some of your golf mates regularly hit stuff or people with their clubs......accidently of course...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Not watch related but I put my brother in hospital when I was about 8 and he 9/10.

I was on the local putting green at the town park and followed through enthusiastically putting the club head (putter) into his face.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

I read that article posted. My personal opinion is this. This guy knows jack **** about automatic watches.

I've got friends that are current Special Forces members...they wear Omegas, Rolex, Seiko, etc...in the course of doing some pretty "shocking" stuff. They wear G-Shocks as well.

I wouldn't worry about wearing a watch during a game or thousands of games of golf. If watch accuracy goes down over 3 years of an auto watch, I bet he probably would've seen the accuracy go down just going out and gardening....

Hell, the accuracy could've gotten messed up leaving his watch sitting next to a stereo speaker or near his cell phone repeatedly.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Slight thread drift, but along similar lines, is it safe to run when wearing an automatic watch?

By run I actually mean run, not someone jogging at barely more than fast walking pace.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

nbg wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:37 pm Slight thread drift, but along similar lines, is it safe to run when wearing an automatic watch?

By run I actually mean run, not someone jogging at barely more than fast walking pace.

Neil
Back in my running days I’d often forget to swap to my garmin before going out for a run. The only time I had an issue was with a bronze watch. But that was more to do with how the sweat turned the case, and my wrist, very green in about 90 minutes.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

nbg wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:37 pm Slight thread drift, but along similar lines, is it safe to run when wearing an automatic watch?

Neil
Going back to my post earlier in the thread of Omega testing their watches with forces up to 5,000g, I'm sure running at any pace, even if you are Usain Bolt or Mo Farah, will be absolutely fine. Even a F1 car "only" develops around 6g of lateral force when cornering.

Incidentally I played golf last night in my SMP, and it is still only -1 second for the past two days so I'm sure it's fine (I even got an eagle so definitely wearing it from now on as my lucky golf watch) :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ Ah so that probably means ok with the likes of Rolex, Omega or Seiko etc, but best not try it wearing some high end brands (although a RM would of course be ok)! :)

I.e. fine with watches that are meant to be worn, but may be a problem with some of the alleged top tier stuff. :problem:

The reason I asked the question was that from a recent conversation with someone discussing PP, I asked him if he wore any of his for knocking around (the discussion having been about wearing watches regardless of activity).

IIRC he said he wore one running and it messed up the time keeping big time. Started running about 1 min per day fast.

The AD was horrified he had worn the watch doing something active! :lol:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

I heard somewhere that PP owners hire someone to do their clapping for them at shows so they don’t affect their watches.

I’ll get my coat...
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

scooter wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:27 pm Not watch related but I put my brother in hospital when I was about 8 and he 9/10.

I was on the local putting green at the town park and followed through enthusiastically putting the club head (putter) into his face.

scooter
Ouch !!

My friend hit a golf ball into my ear once, put me down, but luckily avoided any lasting damage.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39