C60 Concept Limited Edition in Loupe

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

C60 Concept Limited Edition in Loupe

Post by J0EMI »

I received the new issue of Loupe today, which I was excited about because I have been looking forward to seeing the new Sealander range, but what really got my attention was the tease of a new upcoming watch due this autumn called C60 Concept Limited Edition. I have found the timing of this tease very strange because I have been thinking this week about how much I would like to own a 'skeletonised' watch, the C60 Sapphire did initially have my attention with being able to see the movement through the sapphire dial but I was disappointed that while skeletonised there isn't the kind of view you would get from the exhibition caseback whereby you actually see the motion of the movement. I should probably temper my excitement though, being an SH21 movement and limited to 200 it will probably be very, very expensive, easily over £2000 if not more towards £3000 if the Abyss Elite SH21 is anything to go by :shock:
Attachments
Screenshot_20210429-181924_Firefox.jpg
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Re: C60 Concept Limited Edition in Loupe

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

I'm also interested. I just hope beyond the skeletonization it's a more everyday piece than the Abyss. I love the look of the Abyss but I wouldn't buy it because it's not a practical everyday watch for me. They released a basic C60 MKII with the SH21 without a power reserve and it had a central seconds hand. 8 wish they would just do that in the new case.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

If the C60 Apex is anything to go by this is going to be closer to 4,000 quid. Mike France has said, "it ain't gonna be cheap."

It's likely that this kills off the C1 or C8 Apex. There is no C8 range any more and who knows what will happen with the C1 range in the future. Let's hope the C60 Concept is a good 'un.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
EcosseOz
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by EcosseOz »

albionphoto wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:07 am If the C60 Apex is anything to go by this is going to be closer to 4,000 quid. Mike France has said, "it ain't gonna be cheap."
And a watch company losing its way in recent years from its original mantra IMHO.

If this timepiece retails anywhere above 3000quid its a joke. The Apex was massively overpriced in reality, the fact there was only 100 helped them find homes.
The CW Collection: Now well used C6IPSI (#2)
C4IP4 (#1331)
C6 Forum LE (#64) -Sold to Tikkathree
C6SWS (#761)
Non-CW: A Breitling, 3x Omega, 1xMido, that now (13y) more ancient Raymond Weil and a Dead Seiko I can't part with (32yrs+)
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

EcosseOz wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:36 am
And a watch company losing its way in recent years from its original mantra IMHO.

If this timepiece retails anywhere above 3000quid its a joke. The Apex was massively overpriced in reality, the fact there was only 100 helped them find homes.
It's not overpriced if it sells; the market will determine whether it is priced fairly as is always the case. I doubt I'd be in the slightest bit interested in it but there are obviously going to be a lot of people who are.

And calling out CW as moving from its mantra (assuming you mean that of a value proposition) when they've just released the C63 line seems odd. I have said that the Elite was more expensive than I thought it was going to be but that doesn't mean that it's priced incorrectly.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

@EcosseOz - I would say that the original mantra was based around good value for money and not just low price. The price of CW watches has gone up over time. There are many reasons including currency movements but more importantly quality and design. The C63 range (except the Elite) is a way for CW to get back to their original value proposition (high quality AND low price). They do still represent good value for money compared to the price of other independent Swiss watch makers such as Oris. Oris prices have risen over time too.

I don't agree with the statement that the C60 Apex or the C7 Apex watches were over priced. They were expensive for sure, but over priced? When I wore the C7 Apex to an Omega Boutique they guessed the price at 7,500 pounds. Compared to that guess, it's a bargain. I might be biased since I won both Apex models but for the work done to the watch I don't think the price is a joke. Even the guys at A. Lange und Sohne were intrigued by the C60 Apex...
Mark
KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Post by KornSaksakorn »

This timepiece may be manual winding.
Korn Saksakorn S.
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

I love the idea. I hope I can stomach the price.
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

As others have said the price may not be for everyone but with limited numbers and a biggish customer base CW will no doubt sell it.

I got the c63 auto as I believed it offered the best value on the market for a robust do it all watch but I also like that the brand is showing what it can do at a higher level. This watch by its nature isn’t aimed at all of us (it would be general sale if it was) but what would Bremont charge for something similar? What did Oris charge for their skeletonised watch a year or so back?
These users thanked the author Fat-Sam for the post:
thomcat00
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

Fat-Sam wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:07 pm As others have said the price may not be for everyone but with limited numbers and a biggish customer base CW will no doubt sell it.

I got the c63 auto as I believed it offered the best value on the market for a robust do it all watch but I also like that the brand is showing what it can do at a higher level. This watch by its nature isn’t aimed at all of us (it would be general sale if it was) but what would Bremont charge for something similar? What did Oris charge for their skeletonised watch a year or so back?
Currently $7,600 USD on Oris' website
These users thanked the author albionphoto for the post:
Fat-Sam
Mark
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru

Post by Fat-Sam »

albionphoto wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:39 pm
Fat-Sam wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:07 pm As others have said the price may not be for everyone but with limited numbers and a biggish customer base CW will no doubt sell it.

Currently $7,600 USD on Oris' website
The defence rests 👨‍⚖️
😄
These users thanked the author Fat-Sam for the post (total 2):
jkbarnesJasperCat
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

They are really teasing us with this one!
FB_IMG_1635901548365.jpg
These users thanked the author Deks for the post:
Jkpa
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

EcosseOz wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:36 am
albionphoto wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:07 am If the C60 Apex is anything to go by this is going to be closer to 4,000 quid. Mike France has said, "it ain't gonna be cheap."

i think they will sell...... but to the die hards who are a bit blinded by the love for the brand. its when they need to move them on that the market will show the real worth.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

golfjunky wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:29 am its when they need to move them on that the market will show the real worth.
Totally agree, some will be moved on at some stage - if they hold their value then fair play, if they don't it won't be pretty.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Has this officially been unveiled yet?

Asking for a friend who saw it on a Blog.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)