Sealander Name at 12

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: Sealander Name at 12

Post by Caller »

exHowfener wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:01 pmNow let's see if all those moaners about the 9 o'clock positioning actually buy one ...
Already have, with the compressor. Wouldn't have gone anywhere near it with the wordmark at 9. It's actually a bit of a concern now that they have reverted to 12.

Edit to take into account the post above from icet512, my new CW purchase was my first since December 2015.
'Tis me
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Based on the Watch Gecko interview all three variations are in the bench design book and have been from 2015. France said that 9 o'clock left justified, 12 o'clock centered and Twin Flags only are all part of the current branding and will be used where appropriate. He did say that Twin Flags only is a goal and didn't think the brand had reached recognition enough to make that step.

If you look at the current line up: everything with a 3 o'clock date is 9 o'clock left justified, everything with no date is 12 o'clock center. The new 6 o'clock dates are also 12 o'clock center.

It all kind of makes sense.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

It’s interesting (to me, at least) going back to this topic a year later as Christopher Ward watches are moving not only from a name at 9, being relocated to 12, but dropping the name from the dial altogether in favor of the twin flags Swish logo. I think the move to Swish-only at 12 makes sense and cleans up the dial. I have liked most every location/name variant and all show something unique to, and about, this brand. The Archive timeline will need updating to reflect the branding changes. ;)
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

thomcat00 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:49 pm It’s interesting (to me, at least) going back to this topic a year later as Christopher Ward watches are moving not only from a name at 9, being relocated to 12, but dropping the name from the dial altogether in favor of the twin flags Swish logo. I think the move to Swish-only at 12 makes sense and cleans up the dial. I have liked most every location/name variant and all show something unique to, and about, this brand. The Archive timeline will need updating to reflect the branding changes. ;)
No worries regarding the timeline. There are a few updates that need to be made. Had to wait until everything was made public. It will be done soon... Thank You.
These users thanked the author Kip for the post (total 2):
Bahnstormer_vRSthomcat00
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.