C63 Sealander Collection

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: C63 Sealander Collection

Post by jtc »

Just had a thought, curious to see the Elite on the wrist of someone with loads of arm hair... an interesting dial view addition :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Think they are all very well executed and attractive watches but the size is a little small for me. I quickly offloaded a 65 GMT as it didn't have the wrist presence I desired so whilst tempted Im sure this will be similar.
I appreciate the technical aspects of the Elite (especially at the price point) but it appeals less than the Auto/GMT for my personal tastes, again the size is a bit small for me.
Great addition to the line-up though and expect them to be a sales success which I really hope they are. Overall great job CW and I look forward to seeing the subsequent variation in colour and versions.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

jtc wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:45 pm Just had a thought, curious to see the Elite on the wrist of someone with loads of arm hair... an interesting dial view addition :lol:
Something like below. Spiders hiding under my small seconds :D ...

Ryan
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

Sizing is also a little on the small side for me but it’s great they do it so those who want those sizes have as good of an option as the 42mm crowd has.

Nothing particular grabs me as “the one” but they are all very nice.
panamavin
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by panamavin »

drand wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:29 pm Like many others I am particularly impressed with the white C63 auto. It has an inherent correctness to my eyes, just enough metal, text, colour and balance. Priced sensibly too. First thing from CW in a good few years I might consider buying which is exciting in itself.

The whole Omega baiting thing seems a bit odd to me. We can make an AT that's 75% as good as yours but for 25% of the price, and we can even give it the same name but anglicised. But then we're not brave enough to deviate far from your design. Perhaps it just doesn't translate well over the medium of the internet and I've misjudged it.

Regardless, wouldn't put me off owning one which I might well do later in the year when a voucher code pops up.
I feel the same way - they released a few that were tempting but never convinced. This is the first time I can say time to tidy up the collection so I can add one of these to it! :thumbup:
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

Put my order in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

Qubo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:59 pm Put my order in!

Which one?.... or all three??!
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Qubo
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Qubo »

missF wrote:
Qubo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:59 pm Put my order in!

Which one?.... or all three??!
Will keep this as a surprise Image

missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

:D :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

I’m generally very impressed. It’s good to see some non-dive options for a change as personally I’m growing tired of just buying yet more divers...

I’ve been looking for a white dial for some time and the basic C63 looks very nice. Very good value on the bracelet and the grey/orange Tide strap also looks a very attractive option. Despite what Adrian B said about altering the hand colour towards grey for more contrast the renders still look very silvery to me. I’ll await some real photos.

The GMT is very nice but a homage; as I’ve just bought a Steinhart Gnomon GMT homage I think that box has been ticked. Now when they release the green version that may possibly be a different story!
Tim
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

timor54 wrote:I’m generally very impressed. It’s good to see some non-dive options for a change as personally I’m growing tired of just buying yet more divers...

I’ve been looking for a white dial for some time and the basic C63 looks very nice. Very good value on the bracelet and the grey/orange Tide strap also looks a very attractive option. Despite what Adrian B said about altering the hand colour towards grey for more contrast the renders still look very silvery to me. I’ll await some real photos.

The GMT is very nice but a homage; as I’ve just bought a Steinhart Gnomon GMT homage I think that box has been ticked. Now when they release the green version that may possibly be a different story!
I have the 42mm of the Steinhart OV GMT, you will love the 39.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

downer

Post by downer »

albionphoto wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:42 am
I have placed my order for the C63 Sealander Elite on the titanium bracelet today. I won't get it until June but I'm happy. I think this is a good range of watches for CW to release. I'm less convinced by the #GODO thing but that doesn't bother me in the least. I'm looking forward to having the C63 Elite on my wrist.
I've also ordered an Elite on the bracelet. I'm less patient than you but I guess I'll be ok with the wait. :D
Richard
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^ The Elite is the one that most interests me. Might book a showroom visit to check it out.

No interest in the GMT; I will stick with the real deal, rather than the homage.

Might also look at the white dial auto as well.

Overall three impressive releases from CW. The only time in the past few years that CW have released a number of watches and I have thought - yep I like them all (albeit no interest in buying the GMT). :thumbup:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

I really fancy the elite and probably on the fabric to really take advantage of the superlight watch that appeals so much. Will probably have to sell the sandhurst to make it work but I think it will be worth it. For me it ticks a lot of boxes.
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

I like them all to be honest, a great move from CW and I am sure one will make its way into my collection in the coming months/years.

I am a huge fan of the simple, but great looking 3 and 4 hander sport watches, although the GMT does sail a little close to the one from the big crown.

I particularly like the tongue in cheek puns that go with these:

Sea Lander!! a funny play on the model that is made by a certain brand whose moniker is the last letter of the Greek alphabet? otherwise could be " water lander" or "ocean earth"

#GODO - or as the WIS folk call it GADA??

There are not many horological jokes you can make but these do tickle me a bit and show CW is in touch with the watch community.
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm