C63 Sealander Collection

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Lu..
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: C63 Sealander Collection

Post by Lu.. »

Wow, that video shows off the beautiful lacquer dial.....I'm impressed...

Still...I'll wait for other colorways and larger size...prefer something other than orange...would be cool to see red or brown....
Ω Moonwatch 3861 Sapphire ... Bulova "Mickey Mouse" ... C.Ward C65 Trident ... Movado Esperanza Museum ... Longines Model 2133
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Lu.. wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:13 pm Wow, that video shows off the beautiful lacquer dial.....I'm impressed...

Still...I'll wait for other colorways and larger size...prefer something other than orange...would be cool to see red or brown....
I think you will be waiting a long time for a larger size.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
manicm
Junior
Junior

Post by manicm »

The normal C63 Auto just looks.....dull.

Come on CW, where is the flair. At 599 I'd save 100 quid and get the quartz C65 AM 1 VEV Special Edition. There, one case where a quartz is hands down better than an auto.
hucifwr

Post by hucifwr »

manicm wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:57 am The normal C63 Auto just looks.....dull.

Come on CW, where is the flair. At 599 I'd save 100 quid and get the quartz C65 AM 1 VEV Special Edition. There, one case where a quartz is hands down better than an auto.
Royston 64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by Royston 64 »

I think the standard auto is a cracking watch. The fact that Rolex discontinued the 39mm OP in white was seized upon by CW and they did a good job. For the price it’s a bit of a bargain. If I could change one thing it would be, having a solid case back with a soft iron inner cover to make it anti magnetic - then again that would put the price up.
Attachments
0059B315-451D-47B2-90B3-C04058C2E1B3.jpeg
F4832B43-4CC0-4615-8DB2-4A2A249B52A8.jpeg
CW’s - C63 sealander, C65 Chrono
Others - Rolex Submariner, Rolex Airking, Rolex Datejust, Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris, Bremont Airco Mach1, Duckworth Prestex Viewmatic and 1 or 2 others
hucifwr

Post by hucifwr »

Royston 64 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:26 pm If I could change one thing it would be, having a solid case back with a soft iron inner cover to make it anti magnetic - then again that would put the price up.
100%. I'll take improved A/M over a novelty display back any day of the week.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

manicm wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:57 am The normal C63 Auto just looks.....dull.

You're comparing apples to oranges on that one. If you're expecting the C63 auto to be a quartz motorsport chronograph, you're gonna have a bad time. Just buy the C65 and smile!
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
AC_Rider

Post by AC_Rider »

I'm new to this forum but I've been an admirer of Christopher Ward since first trying out the C65 Trident Automatic. I've been waiting for the brand to finally release a standard-issue sports watch, as so as soon as they did I ordered the C63 Sealander Automatic in white. And I love it. I've also written a review of it if anyone wants a closer look at an owner's perspective of the watch.

https://thewatchprofiler.com/review/chr ... ic-review/

And here's a shot of the watch on my 6.5" (16.5 cm) wrist. I think it wears very well. But if Christopher Ward would ever release a 36mm version, I'd be very tempted to trade this one for that size.

C63-Sealander-Automatic.jpg
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Royston 64 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:26 pm I think the standard auto is a cracking watch.
Yes and No. I think the white is absolutely outstanding, whilst I do find the black Auto a bit ordinary. A quality watch, at an excellent price but the black has nothing to distinguish it from other brands - it feels like the type of watch I could easily get from Tissot as a standard ‘watch’.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:26 pm
Royston 64 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:26 pm I think the standard auto is a cracking watch.
Yes and No. I think the white auto is absolutely outstanding, whilst I do find the black Auto a bit ordinary. A quality watch, at an excellent price but the black has nothing to distinguish it from other brands - it feels like the type of watch I could easily get from Tissot as a standard ‘watch’.
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Macdaz »

I have a white GMT on the way. It will be a 25th Wedding Anniversary present to me from my good lady (how did she know?!) So it needs to be bang on.

My only slight reservation from some of the pictures is that the white dial may be at risk of looking a bit....plasticky. Do any of you white dial owners have a view?
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Macdaz wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:49 pm I have a white GMT on the way. It will be a 25th Wedding Anniversary present to me from my good lady (how did she know?!) So it needs to be bang on.

My only slight reservation from some of the pictures is that the white dial may be at risk of looking a bit....plasticky. Do any of you white dial owners have a view?
I haven’t got the white, but the lacquered black on the GMT looks quality. I hope the white is the same
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

AC_Rider wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:55 pm I'm new to this forum but I've been an admirer of Christopher Ward since first trying out the C65 Trident Automatic.
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the comprehensive review. :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
AlphaLimaGolf
Junior
Junior

Post by AlphaLimaGolf »

AC_Rider wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:55 pm I've also written a review of it if anyone wants a closer look at an owner's perspective of the watch.
Excellent and very detailed review, must have taken a lot of time.

I’m really enjoying my auto, the 39mm size fits my 7 inch wrist spot on. But can see that a lot of people with 6.5 inch and below would suit a 36/37mm model better.

From an interview Mike France gave recently, they are already considering it. If this line sells well I expect they will release one, unlikely to be this year though. Unless they’ve already began work on development.
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru

Post by Fat-Sam »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:26 pm
Yes and No. I think the white is absolutely outstanding, whilst I do find the black Auto a bit ordinary. A quality watch, at an excellent price but the black has nothing to distinguish it from other brands - it feels like the type of watch I could easily get from Tissot as a standard ‘watch’.
Agree 100%- prefer the simple Automatic out of all the new releases and the white is really nice.
I’ll probably hang on for a blue dial as already have a similarly priced white dial (Laco cuxhaven) but the black as you say feels dull to me.

Just committed to get a Sandhurst via the forum so hope the blue doesn’t come out too soon!
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS