Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Lenkerbecker
CW-watches: 3

Re: C63 Sealander Collection

Post by Lenkerbecker »

Hello from Germany!

Received mine on Friday.

On Saturday I could pick up the additionally ordered #tide-Strap

Thanks to CW for the perfect transaction and super fast delivery!
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Apologies if I've missed it amongst all these pages but has anybody tried a white dial C63 on a blue or blue/orange strap?

The mock-up of the C63 white dial with blue bezel on the CWE thread has grabbed my attention and in my eyes has made the non-GMT Sealander look a little bland (admittedly without seeing 1 in real life which could alter my opinion).
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Another white GMT, this time on a Hirsch Robby strap. I'm saving the bracelet for now! :)

Really impressive watch in a great size (7.25" wrists). The winding on this new movement is unbelievably smooth.

Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

welshlad wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:05 pm Another white GMT, this time on a Hirsch Robby strap. I'm saving the bracelet for now! :)
Corrr, that looks absolutely fantastic Steve. Really like the way the curve of the strap follows the angle of the lugs.

I'm seriously starting to think about consolidating my SC and 9F GS into a black GMT.
Could be seen as a backwards step, but I think they've got the GMT spot on. Well, if it was 38mm ... :wink:
Ryan
scampbell61
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by scampbell61 »

Mixed emotions today: bad news, frustrating news, and good news.

Hit a deer on my way to the gym this morning, all okay except for the deer and my bank account.

On the phone with local cable company for 85 minutes, no resolution to problem, they said they will call back in 24 to 48 hours.

CW emailed me to notified me that my back ordered (6 wks) C63 has shipped!
Stewart
“Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.” ― Eric Hoffer

C65 -Dune, C63-Sealander GMT, C60 Atoll 300 “Shark White”, Twelve, and C65 Chronograph
hunter_jones
CW-watches: 1

Post by hunter_jones »

nordwulf wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:48 am I am in the US and ordered a C63 GMT on leather strap. I checked out in UK currency with discount code and paid GBP 562.50. This converts to about US$ 795 and hoped it would go through customs without any import charges. And it did so saved $25 from the US price and no $75 duty/DLH fee charge. So saved about $100 total.

But the GPB vs USD is increasing almost daily so soon this may not work anymore for watches with a value close to $800. Some credit card companies charge foreign transaction fees so these savings in ordering in GBP may be less as well.
Did you have to end up paying any import fees or no? I'm tempted to try this myself since it looks like it would still convert to under the threshold. Thanks!
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

hunter_jones, I didn't have to pay any import fees at all. So definitely worth to try to save some money. It converts to about $782 now so should work .
hunter_jones

Post by hunter_jones »

Thanks to you, i just placed my order. It says it's backordered until early July, so let's hope the conversion rate stays in my favor.
Bamby02

Post by Bamby02 »

welshlad wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:05 pm Another white GMT, this time on a Hirsch Robby strap. I'm saving the bracelet for now! :)

Really impressive watch in a great size (7.25" wrists). The winding on this new movement is unbelievably smooth.

Would you mind posting more pictures, please? Considering the white GMT on rubber combo and cant find any real life pictures on the net, thanks
dobbo99

Post by dobbo99 »

I'm very impressed with the quality, and it looks so much better in flesh than through a photo, such a pretty watch

It does seem bit small as I'm a good 7.5inch wrist (and not wishing to stoke the size debate) but as a daily wearer I think that's no bad thing

I'll be ordering alternative straps this evening!
Attachments
DSC_0679.JPG
chris210972

Post by chris210972 »

Gotta say it's a stunning looking watch. Beauty in its simplicity
MadMrB
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MadMrB »

After a few years of not owning a CW, I am about to be in possession of one again as I've just got the despatch notification of my white dial Sealander as above ^^ with the black/white tide strap :D

In my opinion all the model/colour variations in the Sealander model range look fantasic, CW have excelled with this collection :clap:

Now just got to wait for end of Oct for a bracelet :(
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

I'm really enjoying the pictures of the white dial Sealanders and GMTs. Thanks for posting them.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
MadMrB
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by MadMrB »

It arrived today, so far I'm very happy :D . I usually wear watches on bracelet, but seeing as the C63 bracelet isn't available until October, I'm going to have to experiment, and the Sealander does seem like its going to be very versatile regarding straps :)

These are my two favorite options at the moment:

Settled on this for the time being:

golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

That looks great.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.