Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: C63 Sealander Collection

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

hucifwr wrote: Yeah, I think you're bang on the money.
Thank you and good to see you wearing it on a (proper) NATO strap; always a good strap for warm, sunny weather.

Why not drop in on the Members Introduction and tell us a little about yourself, what you do and where you are?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
hucifwr

Post by hucifwr »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:55 am Thank you and good to see you wearing it on a (proper) NATO strap; always a good strap for warm, sunny weather.
Haha, yep. As much as I like the bracelet, it's 34°C where I am so it went straight onto a NATO.

It also looks very handsome on an admiralty grey strap, I think. 8)
AlphaLimaGolf
Junior
Junior

Post by AlphaLimaGolf »

Black GMT has just arrived too, I think I may even prefer it more than the auto. Crystal is slightly smaller (by about a mm), but to be expected with the GMT bezel. Although, it looks slightly large than the auto, which I expect is due to the difference in dial colours.

Anyway, really liking them both, CW have hit a home run here I reckon. Pics below.
Attachments
IMG_1211.JPG
IMG_1210.JPG
IMG_1209.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG
IMG_1207.JPG
IMG_1206.jpg
IMG_1205.JPG
IMG_1204.jpg
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

Man all these photos are killing. Just got a Blue Marine as my 1st CW but stalked the brand for a long time. I've been on the hunt for a white dial. Was thinking a Traska Commuter but really digging the Sealander. Only pause is the orange pops because they won't match my clothes all the time. I know, it's a thing. I really love the GMT because of the extra power reserve. Sellita should enhance the 3 hand PR too. Problem with the GMT is I already have a Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT and 4 Squales so the 3 hander would add more variety. Damn you CW, so many nice watches!!

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

AlphaLimaGolf
Junior
Junior

Post by AlphaLimaGolf »

Dynamite_Kid19 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:58 pm Only pause is the orange pops because they won't match my clothes all the time.
The orange accents are very subtle, especially on the auto without GMT hand. You don’t even notice it when more than 1-2 feet away.

I also almost pulled the trigger on the Traska Commuter (sold out now), but glad I didn’t as the CW seems quite an upgrade in looks, build and movement.
Father Goose
CW-watches: 0

Post by Father Goose »

All these pics are not helping my patience, haha.
Watchbox: Hamilton, Christopher Ward*, Seiko, Dan Henry
History: Jaeger-LeCoultre, Girard-Perregaux, Rolex, Omega, Tudor, NOMOS, Longines, Oris, Frederique Constant, Glycine, Tissot, Orient
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

AlphaLimaGolf wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:19 pm Black GMT has just arrived too, I think I may even prefer it more than the auto. Crystal is slightly smaller (by about a mm), but to be expected with the GMT bezel. Although, it looks slightly large than the auto, which I expect is due to the difference in dial colours.

Anyway, really liking them both, CW have hit a home run here I reckon. Pics below.
That is a stunning pair! Congrats on two great pick ups!
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
AlphaLimaGolf
Junior
Junior

Post by AlphaLimaGolf »

Thanks.

I’ve spent more time than I’d like to admit on the CW website since I bought my C60 trident 18 months ago, but managed to resist as nothing else really spoke to me.

When these two came out I knew almost immediately my bank account was about to be a little lighter! No regrets though :)
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

AlphaLimaGolf wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:32 pm Thanks.

I’ve spent more time than I’d like to admit on the CW website since I bought my C60 trident 18 months ago, but managed to resist as nothing else really spoke to me.

When these two came out I knew almost immediately my bank account was about to be a little lighter! No regrets though :)
What size is your wrist (for photo reference)?
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
AlphaLimaGolf
Junior
Junior

Post by AlphaLimaGolf »

rkovars wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:38 pm What size is your wrist (for photo reference)?
17.5cm / 6.9 inches.
WarrenJabali

Post by WarrenJabali »

I believe the Sinn 105 St Sa W UTC is the watch you’re looking for, although it is 41mm. Or the CW C65 Trident GMT 41mm, but that doesn’t come in white and is not the size you mentioned you prefer.

Also, a fixed bezel on a GMT has the purpose of eliminating the risk of it being knocked off when banged against a rock-wall. This type of watch is for tracking am/pm when in a darker environment with no daylight, not for tracking multiple time zones when flying.
ScofieldReturns wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:21 am
Lavaine wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:07 am
ScofieldReturns wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:27 am

why do members on this board always have such a tendency to sound so patronizing :yawn:

no, that is not the one i want. this watch is thinner with better power reserve. i want the same watch but with a rotating bezel, that would have been an insta buy
How was that patronizing? CW is a business. They make products they think will sell. The question was why doesn't the C63 have a rotating bezel. The simple answer is because they already have a GMT watch with a rotating bezel. They obviously think there is a market for a fixed bezel GMT, so they made the new model with a fixed bezel. It's actually just that simple. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it patronizing.
or maybe they made it a fixed bezel because it's cheaper, has shorter production time or they are just flat out lazy. having a rotating bezel on a different watch is no excuse to not make this watch not have a rotating bezel. there's literally no correlation and to try to force one is insane. that's like if they made a quartz watch with a design i liked and i said i wish it were automatic and you said "almost all their other watches are automatic, just buy one one of those". like...what? if one of their other watches was what i wanted, of course i would buy just one of those. it obviously isn't what i want, hence my comment. and discussing design and features of a watch are very much what this forum is for and contributes to discussion, whereas i have no idea what you are trying to do. so "buy a different watch" is either patronizing or idiotic. do you work for CW and design this watch and i've greatly offended you or something?

PS: i do own the CW c60 GMT, but they've phased it out in 38mm, doesn't exist in a white dial and the thickness is way too thick
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

WarrenJabali wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:01 pm This type of watch is for tracking am/pm when in a darker environment with no daylight, not for tracking multiple time zones when flying.
That was true of the original Explorer II where the GMT was slaved to the hour hand. Because the GMT hand has the capability to be set independently of the hour hand it is absolutely suitable for monitoring a second time zone or AM/PM as the user desires.
Jack London
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

rkovars wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:32 pm That was true of the original Explorer II where the GMT was slaved to the hour hand. Because the GMT hand has the capability to be set independently of the hour hand it is absolutely suitable for monitoring a second time zone or AM/PM as the user desires.
Correct, though very marginally less convenient. When I had a C60 GMT I took it to the East European Time Zone (GMT/BST +2) on a number of occasions. While waiting for boarding, I used to set the hands to the time in Greece or Cyprus and the GMT to UK time, so that I had the 4 hour flight to adjust my mind to the new time. The True GMT is a little easier, particularly if you are dodging about over multiple time zones.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
WarrenJabali

Post by WarrenJabali »

Have you considered the Sinn 104 as candidate for a sporty watch with rotating bezel that isn’t a dive watch?
drand wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:02 pm
TimeOut wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:35 pm
Lavaine wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:11 pm
I'm not actually sure the watch you want exists. Timing bezels are pretty closely aligned with diving watches. The other place they are sometimes seen is on a few military style watches (count-up bezels or the few red indicator bezel pilots watches) but those aren't "sport" watches. Maybe something with an internal bezel? They may still be thicker than you would like, as they are generally still divers, but they definitely have less of the "just got back from the Marianas Trench" vibe to them.
You might be right that my ideal watch doesn't exist. But several are close, which is what makes my search so frustrating.

This would make a good thread and/or a queryable database - my ideal watch has to these characteristics, what can the good people of CW forum come up with that fits the bill? I bet there are plenty on here who may have found their ideal watch and realised what they thought they wanted wasn't totally accurate.

But good luck on your search - sounds like your ideal is not too far removed from mine.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

WarrenJabali wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:50 pm Have you considered the Sinn 104...
Welcome to the forum. Please tell me you don’t work for Sinn, or is it just a favourite brand? :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)