Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C63 Sealander Collection

Post by Robotaz »

ajax87 wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:53 pm The Elite is nice, but too expensive for what it is in my opinion. Pass.
You’re free to have your own opinion of course, but I think you’d be in the minority on this one. Swiss chronometer, titanium, pop out crown for basically just under $1300 with the current voucher? And with CWs outstanding build quality? I don’t think you’ll find that anywhere else at this price point.

For me, I love the Elite. I’ve got a problem though... my wife ok’d me to buy it, but I already bought 2 watches so far this year and we just bought a house and I’m too frugal to drop any more money on watches right now. But it will be on my wrist at some point this year I think. If I’m being honest with myself, I don’t have the willpower to withstand it if the funds are available.

Also, I believe these sizes will look good on any size wrist. And like Kip said, it’ll likely wear a little larger with the thinner bezels.
I don’t see the same value in any Sellita movement that apparently some people have. I’ll take a $50 Miyota over a Sellita.

It seems like a $1000 watch to me. And that puts it in a very, very crowded sea of competitors.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:41 pm It seems like a $1000 watch to me.
Can you show us an example of a Ti case/bracelet chronometer with telescopic/retractable crown that sells for $1000?

Please share!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

I’ve been thinking about this 3 Watch range and studying the specs and pictures.
Do you know I think on this occasion they have really nailed it. Pricing, sizing and design are really spot on to me.
Any deserve a place in a collection but I won’t be going for the auto but it is a very nice entry level model. Likewise the gmt is not for me as I have the 40mm expii polar.
Pretty sure I will get the elite but do Zi follow downers rules and get the ti bracelet which is fantastically priced or go for the mega light and quite attractive ocean plastic strap jobby?
Cheers now, Paul
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:09 pm .....we lucky few got to see these on a zoom call back in December.......

......However, there's also the colour issue. I would be miffed to buy a black one only to find out that a blue one would be coming out in a couple of months.......
Do you know something we don’t? Or have I read too much into a perfectly innocent comment?
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

iain wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:52 pm Do you know something we don’t? Or have I read too much into a perfectly innocent comment?
Just extrapolating what happened with the Trident Mk3 40mm. Black only at first.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
downer

Post by downer »

stefs wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:52 pm I’ve been thinking about this 3 Watch range and studying the specs and pictures.
Do you know I think on this occasion they have really nailed it. Pricing, sizing and design are really spot on to me.
Any deserve a place in a collection but I won’t be going for the auto but it is a very nice entry level model. Likewise the gmt is not for me as I have the 40mm expii polar.
Pretty sure I will get the elite but do Zi follow downers rules and get the ti bracelet which is fantastically priced or go for the mega light and quite attractive ocean plastic strap jobby?
I ordered it on the bracelet, and in a break from my own conventions, I added the tide strap in black/orange. In my eyes, the watch possibly looks better on dark straps, but we will see - at the end of May/early June.
Richard
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

stefs wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:52 pm I’ve been thinking about this 3 Watch range and studying the specs and pictures.
It would be a shame not to go for the bracelet version. Still an ideal weight at only 105g on a full bracelet, which for you and I will drop it to just shy of 100g. Lighter than a 114270.

I will likely wait to see if other colour dial options come along.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

What I’m impressed by is that they’ve released a cohesive and fully realized new line at one go. Clearly, there was a vision. It looks to have been well-conceived and has been wonderfully executed.
Drew
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

The white dial auto is on route for delivery tomorrow, even after ordering at 2.30pm.

This for me is perfect. I’ve been after a white dial watch for quite a while, I was so close to buying the trident 40mm but didn’t want another diver. I even considered selling my OP36 and getting a white dial Omega, but in the end resisted.

This seems to tick so many boxes, aside from the obvious white dial for me personally, it has perfect date position, great case size, excellent lug to lug, simple clean design, logo in the right place (IMO) and a bracelet.....all for £610 with next day delivery

Well done CW
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

downer wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:09 pm
albionphoto wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:42 am
I have placed my order for the C63 Sealander Elite on the titanium bracelet today. I won't get it until June but I'm happy. I think this is a good range of watches for CW to release. I'm less convinced by the #GODO thing but that doesn't bother me in the least. I'm looking forward to having the C63 Elite on my wrist.
I've also ordered an Elite on the bracelet. I'm less patient than you but I guess I'll be ok with the wait. :D
I'm going to try my best not to buy anything else in the mean time :D :D
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

I’d love to see the C63 Elite in the Deep Blue colorway of the Super Compressor!

Edited to add: Did anyone else notice the new black white #tide strap option? It looks fantastic with the white dialed C63s!
Drew
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

C63 Sealander Elite is a winner!

Post by Dilbert »

I'm also looking hard at the C63 Sealander Elite :thumbup:
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Nice set of releases. I particularly like the C63 Sealander GMT / Grand Seiko Sport GMT (SBGN003) :lol:

I have no problem with brands producing similar looking models, they do it because it sells and are generally what people want. Plus we have seen CW release some more adventurous designs in recent times too. To their credit CW are producing models that could possibly genuinely compete with those priced considerably higher.

Great balance with the logo at 12 and date a 6. Can only see the C60 go that way in the future too but with less idiosyncratic touches they will need to retain the brand identity somewhere else it will just be accused of being a homage and just like every other watch. Not a bad thing though if the quality and pricing is right.
sjbroadhead
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by sjbroadhead »

Great looking selection of watches. Would have been very tempted if a 42mm Titanium Elite was available but unfortunately I won’t be purchasing but I think these will sell well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

MichaelMD wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:35 pm Here's one part of the GMT that bugs me for some reason:

On the black dial they used a "ghost hand" for the GMT where only half the hand is painted orange and the other half is black which helps it fade into the background

But then on the white model they used the same hand. They could have simply painted the lower half of the GMT hand white for the same effect. Instead you are left with this big black hand staring you in the face on the white dial. Maybe I'm being too picky but I just can't unsee it.

Damn... can't un-see it now...:0(