C60 Triden Pro on different bracelets?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jcpmmx

C60 Triden Pro on different bracelets?

Post by jcpmmx »

Hi folks!
I have a 38mm C60 Trident Pro bought on a rubber strap.
Now I want to get it a bracelet.

My first option is CW's own offer, but I'd like to know if any of you have added 3rd party bracelets.
In case of oyster styles, I'm worried about the fit/gap between the case and the bracelet.
In case of a Milanese mesh, I'd like see pics first since I'm inclined to think C60's style matches oyster better.

Any recommendations/pics to share?

Thanks!
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Re: C60 Triden Pro on different bracelets?

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

I was actually wondering today if anybody tried a 38 or 40 on the Monta bracelet.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

I'm thinking that anything other than OEM as far as end link bracelets go would be a shot in the dark. The end links are machined to fit each case design and it is doubtful another brand has exactly the same case with exactly the same tolerances.

In all honesty, CW bracelets are very good. There is also good news that half links are on the way this summer which will help with fit tremendously. If you are looking for a different look like polished center links, the only route might be to buy a bracelet and have a reputable jeweler polish the center links for you. I don't know if they would be able to achieve a mirror finish or not. I know you can go the other way from polished to brushed. It might be worth asking a few to find out.

I don't have any direct experience with CW mesh bracelets.

I think on the C60 straight end link bracelets would look awkward. The lug hole is about one mil from the point of the lug. Leaving about 3-4 mil between the hole and the case (measured on my C60 Ombre 42mm). I think the gap would be pretty big. I don't have any straight end link bracelets for comparison though.

I do have a rubber strap I picked up from Strap Mill Canada that has slightly curved ends to help with the fit. I think I would still prefer one with end link type ends like the ones from Crafter Blue or Everest for Rolex. But this one is pretty good. I have thought about trying one for the Tudor (22 mm lug width) as I think if it is a little off the rubber might give a little for a fit. But they are pretty expensive to try on a flyer.

You can see the gap is pretty pronounced in this photo.

20210429_134730872_iOS (2).jpg

20210429_134741275_iOS (2).jpg

It doesn't look as pronounced when viewed straight on.

20210429_134735648_iOS (2).jpg

You can see the curved ends in this pic. Makes the strap really comfortable.

20210429_134829695_iOS (2).jpg
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
jcpmmx

Post by jcpmmx »

rkovars wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:58 pm I'm thinking that anything other than OEM as far as end link bracelets go would be a shot in the dark.
Yes, this is my main fear.
rkovars wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:58 pm In all honesty, CW bracelets are very good. There is also good news that half links are on the way this summer which will help with fit tremendously.
Agreed, I like CW bracelet but I was wondering if I could broaden the option pool.
Half-links are always appreciated.
rkovars wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:58 pm You can see the gap is pretty pronounced in this photo.
Thanks for the pics!