C65 Trident auto Black

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

C65 Trident auto Black

Post by redmonaco »

Just seen the "pic of the month" and decided I'd like a c65 auto in black. So off to the CW site but couldn't find it anywhere. Has it been discontinued??? :shock:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: C65 Trident auto Black

Post by Kip »

Retired in January and was being cleared out since. Must be all gone.

Might be worth an email to Customer service to see if any odd ones hanging around or you may have to await a NN sale.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

There is a black C65 GMT listed at Chrono24 currently.it has been there for over a month. I have no affiliation with the seller or the platform
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

thomcat00 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:45 am There is a black C65 GMT listed at Chrono24 currently.it has been there for over a month. I have no affiliation with the seller or the platform
Many thanks for the heads up but it is the non gmt that has struck me (this time!!)
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

They come up with regularity on eBay at pretty good prices. I would keep my eyes peeled there as well.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Funny enough, I was browsing eBay this morning and found one was actually just listed today. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224440741319?h ... SwdPJgU6iI
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

That one would be a little expensive by the time customs etc have been paid. Assuming he would post to the UK of course. Thanks for the headsup though.

May be I'll get lucky on the forum
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

Kip wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:43 pm Retired in January and was being cleared out since. Must be all gone.

Might be worth an email to Customer service to see if any odd ones hanging around or you may have to await a NN sale.
Did this, no luck!!. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I'm surprised they discontinued the black but carried on with blue
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I bought one in the sale, but passed it on unwrapped as received and kept a different one. On reflection I might have kept both. At the time I really wanted to get hold of a QR bracelet, and wasn't sure which incoming bracelets were QR until they arrived.
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

I saw that a couple of brand new ones went on ebay last month. Maybe they were from the earlier sale
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

redmonaco wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:47 pmI'm surprised they discontinued the black but carried on with blue
Myself, I greatly prefer the blue. I did consider the black at one time, but instead went with the C65 Vintage Mk II (also now discontinued). The blue is gorgeous, and I still like it a lot.

Either they kept the blue because it was the better seller, or because they have no plans on introducing a C63 blue currently and felt the C65 still had a place in the lineup.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.