should I worry?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Enkidu
CW-watches: 1

should I worry?

Post by Enkidu »

Ok, so my C60 got knocked and now my hour hand is spinning about freely. Yes, CS support already started.

But now im kinda worried.
Has this happened to anyone here before?
Will my C60 come back stronger or will I need to overly concerned about wearing it.

I love the wear it and forget it aspect to a high spec watch like the C60 but.....its nagging me. The watch is from Feb 2020-I would have thought the watch was more shockproof/able to handle everyday life.

I want my CW to be robust and near bullet proof.

Not to mention the looooooong sideways glance from my wife when I showed her the spinning hand. "maybe you should have bought a Rolex" ouch! but she is a Rolex FanGrl , so I just ignore her in that area. :lol:

am I being unnecessarily concerned?
Celebrate Schadenfreude!
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: should I worry?

Post by rkovars »

I wouldn't baby it. It sounds to me like the hour hand wasn't 100% seated. After a while it worked its way off. It will come back sorted and good as new. I wouldn't worry about it.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

I am not kind to my watches and haven’t had any issues whatsoever with any of my CWs. Sounds like an unfortunate one-off situation for you!
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I agree, I’m sure CW will sort this for you.

I just wondered why you have started two threads with the same issue? :?
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

It'll likely come back better than ever unless they change the dial or something daft at the same time.
They made a complete monkey of dealing with my watch when I broke it but it came back running better and winding better than it ever had done.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Watches get damaged. They get fixed. So do people. Better a broken hour hand than a broken arm.

Rolex ads will show you images of Hillary and Tensing. But if you come off the N. Face of Everest at 8600 metres, you'll have more to worry about than your watch...and it won't protect you, as Geo. Mallory discovered to his cost in 1924.

If you're shifting furniture, cleaning the Augean Stables or just soloing K2, wear a £50 beater. I do.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Enkidu wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:13 pm Not to mention the looooooong sideways glance when I showed her the spinning hand. "maybe you should have bought a Rolex" ouch! but she is a Rolex FanGrl , so I just ignore her in that area.

I wouldn’t be at all concerned at such a comment.

Just shows the lady knows what she is talking about... :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Enkidu

Post by Enkidu »

Thegreyman wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:43 pm I agree, I’m sure CW will sort this for you.

I just wondered why you have started two threads with the same issue? :?
Well, I know that posting a 2nd thought in an alreasy existing thread, is a good way for it to die.
See how this post got comments?
Celebrate Schadenfreude!
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by cincfleet »

Enkidu wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:13 pm Ok, so my C60 got knocked and now my hour hand is spinning about freely. Yes, CS support already started.

Will my C60 come back stronger or will I need to overly concerned about wearing it.

I love the wear it and forget it aspect to a high spec watch like the C60 but.....its nagging me. Teh watch is from Feb 2020-I would have thought the watch was more shockproof/able to handle everyday life.

Not to mention the looooooong sideways glance when I showed her the spinning hand. "maybe you should have bought a Rolex" ouch! but she is a Rolex FanGrl , so I just ignore her in that area. :lol:

Name a Bullet proof watch? asking for a friend. :problem:
Enkidu

Post by Enkidu »

cincfleet wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:05 pm
Enkidu wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:13 pm Ok, so my C60 got knocked and now my hour hand is spinning about freely. Yes, CS support already started.

I love the wear it and forget it aspect to a high spec watch like the C60 but.....its nagging me. Teh watch is from Feb 2020-I would have thought the watch was more shockproof/able to handle everyday life.

Not to mention the looooooong sideways glance when I showed her the spinning hand. "maybe you should have bought a Rolex" ouch! but she is a Rolex FanGrl , so I just ignore her in that area. :lol:

NEAR bulletproof.
Celebrate Schadenfreude!
kiter65
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by kiter65 »

Quote... come back stronger...are you a Peter Crouch fan? :lol:....pass the pod???? :lol: :lol:
Enkidu

Post by Enkidu »

kiter65 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:25 pm Quote... come back stronger...are you a Peter Crouch fan? :lol:....pass the pod???? :lol: :lol:
:lol: I had no idea what you were referring to, so had to go to Google. I still don't get it cause I'm not a soccer, err sorry, football fan :lol:
Celebrate Schadenfreude!
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by cincfleet »

Enkidu wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:11 pm

NEAR bulletproof.
OK Name a "Near Bullet proof Watch" ? G-Shock perhaps??
Enkidu

Post by Enkidu »

cincfleet wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:52 pm
Enkidu wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:11 pm

NEAR bulletproof.
OK Name a "Near Bullet proof Watch" ? G-Shock perhaps??
What do I know? I was being facetious.
Celebrate Schadenfreude!
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I have 100% faith in the CW warranty and will continue to buy their watches until the day they let me down and lose a good customer :-)