Is my C60 bronze raw patinaproof??

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Is my C60 bronze raw patinaproof??

Post by Lavaine »

Sounds like you've found a good reason to wear the bronze more Getothechoppa. Maybe a regular weekend rotation now that spring is here and we are all spending more time outside.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Get some blood, sweat and tears on that bad boy! That will get the patina going!
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

Getothechoppa wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:30 am
Thanks! I wasn't sure about the distressed dial at first, but my doubts went away once I saw it in person. I love how it changes depending on the lighting, it reminds me of the ocean, and the contrast of blue against bronze is hard to beat.
I'm tempted by this one myself, absolutely love that blue dial, I thought the same thing about it resembling the ocean when I first saw it, and with the bronze bezel surrounding it you can almost imagine you are looking through a bronze diving helmet into the blue ocean. I'd be interested to see how the bronze bezel and case looks with a dark patina contrasted with that blue dial, definitely post pictures with an update in the future if you can.
Getothechoppa

Post by Getothechoppa »

J0EMI wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:54 pm
Getothechoppa wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:30 am
Thanks! I wasn't sure about the distressed dial at first, but my doubts went away once I saw it in person. I love how it changes depending on the lighting, it reminds me of the ocean, and the contrast of blue against bronze is hard to beat.
I'm tempted by this one myself, absolutely love that blue dial, I thought the same thing about it resembling the ocean when I first saw it, and with the bronze bezel surrounding it you can almost imagine you are looking through a bronze diving helmet into the blue ocean. I'd be interested to see how the bronze bezel and case looks with a dark patina contrasted with that blue dial, definitely post pictures with an update in the future if you can.

Will do! I started showering with it on and I'm just trying to get it exposed to air/water as much as possible, hopefully I can dip it into the ocean at some point too. I'll keep you guys updated, but I will not cave in and force the patina either :oops: .