Hmm. What to wear tomorrow...

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Hmm. What to wear tomorrow...

Post by Deks »

I'm thinking I need to wear my happy watch (C65 Trident Automatic) tomorrow. My back and leg pain is so bad tonight I need something to look forward to!

20210331_113947.jpg
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Re: Hmm. What to wear tomorrow...

Post by Thunder1 »

From what I can see, you have nothing but excellent prospects to choose from!.. 8)
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

A happy watch is an excellent concept. Maybe I should add one to my collection! :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Are they not all happy watches? I don't think I have any sad ones :D
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Nice Christopher Ward collection growing there Mike. Have you got 2 of the C65 AM GT chronographs or are my eyes deceiving me?
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Nice septet. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Do you keep your autos wound as a matter of routine, or did you set them up for the photo shoot?

Sorry to hear about you having back / leg pain. :( :(

I know from personal experience not a great thing to have, having had slipped discs and muscle spasms to varying degrees from time to time for many years.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

That's a good group. :thumbup:

And, like Guy, I know about leg/back pain. I've had bouts of sciatica for many years, though not for a couple of years now.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Thanks for the replies all.

Hi Iain,
Yes its 2 AM 1VEV's. One is 274 movement and the other is 272. I was going to send the less accurate one back but I wore it before realising it was nowhere near as accurate as the 274. It had wear and tear so I just wear that most and I dont care if it gets scuffed etc.

On the subject of the back i'm interested on the back spasms Bahnstormer, I get horrendous back spasms myself to the degree I scream out loud and cant move and have to slowly adjust to a new position. I have had 4 operations, 3 of them on recurring hernations at L4-L5 level. I get stinging down both legs but its the lower back and the spasms and difficulty to stand up straight that is the worst. Ive been offered 2 discs removing and vertabrae fusing and pinning. Ive been putting it off as its complicated surgery and Im scared at what result I will get but ive got to the point where I cant go on like this :-(
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Nice Collection Deks, i also wondered if you 2 1 VEVs.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Sorry Bahn, I missed your question on keeping them wound. I am working from home at the moment and am a bit sad and keep them next to me as company as I live on my own and they are kind of my family 😚. I keep one automatic in a watch winder and like to pick them up and its kind of my routine to wind the the other automatic. I'm also building data of all the accuracies. The automatics have a life of their own and I find them fascinating. I guess I should rest them more to cut down wear but the way things are going they will probably outlive me anyway 😊
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

I forgot to add I keep the gmt at New York time when the bezel is at 12 oclock position but have the bezel rotated for Japan time as this is a country I would love to go to and I like to imagine im there at whatever the time the gmt hand is showing :-). I told you im a bit sad
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Deks wrote:Thanks for the replies all.

Hi Iain,
Yes its 2 AM 1VEV's. One is 274 movement and the other is 272. I was going to send the less accurate one back but I wore it before realising it was nowhere near as accurate as the 274. It had wear and tear so I just wear that most and I dont care if it gets scuffed etc.

On the subject of the back i'm interested on the back spasms Bahnstormer, I get horrendous back spasms myself to the degree I scream out loud and cant move and have to slowly adjust to a new position. I have had 4 operations, 3 of them on recurring hernations at L4-L5 level. I get stinging down both legs but its the lower back and the spasms and difficulty to stand up straight that is the worst. Ive been offered 2 discs removing and vertabrae fusing and pinning. Ive been putting it off as its complicated surgery and Im scared at what result I will get but ive got to the point where I cant go on like this :-(
Sounds awful. I’ve been very lucky and found my back and knee problems have resolved since walking daily. At first I hurt while walking. Then I hurt the next day. Now I don’t have any pain. I imagine if I stop walking it’ll all come back with a vengeance.
Bahnstormer_vRS

Deks wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:26 pm . . . . . ..

Wow, that all sounds serious and way more of a problem than I've got. You have my sympathy.

Fortunately mine has not been bad enough to warrant, or consider warranting, surgery; although I've routinely had treatment from Osteopaths / Chiropractors for many years.

One thing I've found is that, having left a predominantly desk job behind a PC 7 or so years ago, become more active, got myself into a gym, doing daily exercise to build core strength, together with losing a few kg in weight, I've had less problems.

If I get a back spasm, I find the best treatment is to make sure I stretch and stand up straight against the spasm, to stretch out the muscles, instead of doing an instinctive stoop with the spasm; if that makes sense.

Best wishes. Guy

Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Hi Guy,

Things arnt good. I try to get through one day at a time. My watches give me solice something to concentrate my mind on. The painkillers keep me going until I bite the bullet and risk going for the 2 level fusion. I have the 21st June pencilled in for the surgery I just hope its not a waste of money and either makes me worst or doesnt help. Until then I will continue my watch obsession :-)

Keep safe

Deks (Mike)
Bahnstormer_vRS

:thumbup: :thumbup: Sincere best wishes with all that Mike.

In the meantime, as per topic title, what's up for a 'wear' tomorrow?

Guy