Hmm. What to wear tomorrow...

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Re: Hmm. What to wear tomorrow...

Post by Deks »

I wore my C65 Diver today (posted in the CW picture thread) and love the simplicy of this watch. I havent worn my C65 GMT in a small while so I think I will wear that tomorrow and dream of Japan and beautiful Japanese ladies :-). Haha as mentioned before I have my GMT set for Tokyo. I havent decided on the strap maybe a leather one tomorrow and I'll see what mood takes me. Maybe the same vintage leather I wore on the diver today or maybe the tan leather that goes with most watches. Omg I love my watches and swapping watches and straps each day drpending on my mood. All I know is I need more watches and more straps :-)
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Or I think even a blue goes well with the inky black of the face of the GMT so maybe the blue canvas strap on the bottom right. I haven't tried that combo :-) If I like it I'll post on the CW of the day thread :-)

20210331_114356.jpg
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

missF wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:45 am A happy watch is an excellent concept. Maybe I should add one to my collection! :thumbup:
I have a ‘cheer me up’ watch - if a day is a bit dark & depressing without much to look forward to, then I’ll wear my Bluebird and smile at the lovely deep blue dial all day 😎
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

The C65 Trident with blue face is my happy watch. I'm having dental surgery tomorrow so I may have to wear it Friday as I know I will be sad after that :-(
Ntynan

Post by Ntynan »

Great choice
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

All great choices and you picked a good one!

With regards to the back pain, I cracked the little bones thaf hold the discs in place (using a stupid lifting technique after years of rolling my eyes when people told me how to lift safely)- I frequently had a disc that could trap nerves giving me awful pains in my leg and led to me having an epidural and various scans and the prospect of an operation where they would hold a cage around my spine.

So was very odd when in the middle of yoga I raised one leg and heard what sounded like fire crackers going off (my vertebrae I guess!?) and the pain was gone.

So 6-7 years later it can still get worse- especially when my posture and weight are bad- but for me, “planking” and gentle manipulation of the lower back by twisting and straightening legs often alleviates this.

I feel it obvious and necessary to explain I am not medically trained in this area and have no idea whether your issue is the same as mine- but would recommend a chiropractor or core strength exercises/yoga/Pilates if it’s safe to do so and you are running out of options. 👍🏼👍🏼
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Hi Sam,

Im as high as a kite on pregabalin every day. It takes the edge of and makes like liveable in the shorter term. I have had 2 MRI scans since last year that showed in surgeons words "a massive prolapse at right side L4-L5" ive seen the scan and 75% at the exit down the leg is blocked. The xross section isva wedge shape pushing the center of the spine. Due to having 4 previous discectomois and 2 recurrant prolapse and most of the center of the disc gone. (3rd op it had ejected into the spinal channel and displaced the spine and I have disc stuck to the spine which was deamed too risky to try to remove during the 4th operation. The latest scan in November was stated as a "collapsed disc"" by the NHS surgeon and "seriously narrowed at right side and showing a prolapse at the left side now" by the 4th surgeon (private surgeon) and similar diagnosis by the 3rd surgeon (paid private).

Ive been offered by the NHS guy to leave discs in but remove as much as possible and pin and screw at 2 levels and jack up the gap between the vertebrae using the pins. Both private say best solution is to remove disc at L5-S1 and try to do the same at at l5-s1 but as this is very tight may not be able tonremove the disc, thd vertebrae will fused in between by inserting cage with bone in between to fuse them into one bone. The vertabrae will also be pinned.

I have pencilled in to have the surgery privately on June 21st which will set me back financially but its a risk I think I havevto take and hope it improves thr pain and back and muscles spasms

Sorry about the long reply but it mighg help why I love watches to keep my mind focused on something and why I need happy watches 🙁.

Take care and hope your back stays manageable as feel for anyone who suffers with theirs