CW with cathedral hands...

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Re: CW with cathedral hands...

Post by Macdaz »

I had one for a couple of hours. I was after a special watch for my 50th Birthday. I'd identified the Oris Big Crown Pointer date (light blue dial) as the one. There were many reasons why I liked it, a brand I didn't own, interesting pointer date complication and a big factor was the cathedral hands. The significant other was given the link and I was excited for months.

Come the big day I was gutted. The big reveal fell flat and it remains the only watch I've ever returned.It didn't look anywhere near as nice in real life as in the pictures, it was a bit lightweight and probably more dressy than I hoped and even though it was 40mm it felt really small. One of the worst things was the lume on the triangles around the edge of the dial made them quite noticeably green. Even in bright light they stayed green and it just looked horrible with the flat blue dial. So upset was I, I made a trip to the post office on my birthday to send it on it's way.

It won't help you much, but I bought the Al Deere instead!
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE