Nearly New Items for Sale again (25Mar2021)

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Gripper
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: Nearly New Items for Sale again (25Mar2021)

Post by Gripper »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:03 pm Back on topic :wink: :wink:

It looks like, if you didn't partake of the Nearly New watches on offer yesterday or today, up to this afternoon, you've had your lot; as the 'Nearly New' page has gone from CW's website.

Oh well; hopefully my Bumble Beast will be dispatched early next week. :) :)

Guy
Type "nearly new" in search box and they all seem to come up as still available to add to bag?
Mark
So I went to buy a watch, and the man in the shop said "Analogue." I said "No, just a watch."
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

TheBeatles wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:58 pm I’d love to meet someone who has actually bought a DFS sofa at full price.
It wasn't DFS but once I was looking at a bed in a similar constant-sale retailer and they knew what the price would be on Monday when the "sale" started but couldn't tell me how much it was to buy one now (Saturday). The guy hadn't even been trained in the art of BS - surely he should just make up a higher price, it's not like there's anything to check against? I took my money elsewhere...

As such CW's site full of prices alone is enough to elevate them above such retailers.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Just for the record I bought the C65 blue vintage diver with steel bracelet in the nearly new sale. It was £180 less than the £100 off voucher price or £280 less than the standard no discount price. I didnt know what to expect but when it arrived both watch and bracelet where immaculate and I couldnt tell with my eye that they were ever worn. I wondered if maybe it was returned on accuracy or something but its within about 4 or 5 seconds a day which is well within spec. Anyway im a happy bunny but I wish they sold at their watches at the discounted prices which they are obviously making money at
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by suicidal_orange »

Deks wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:56 am Just for the record I bought the C65 blue vintage diver with steel bracelet in the nearly new sale. It was £180 less than the £100 off voucher price or £280 less than the standard no discount price. I didnt know what to expect but when it arrived both watch and bracelet where immaculate and I couldnt tell with my eye that they were ever worn. I wondered if maybe it was returned on accuracy or something but its within about 4 or 5 seconds a day which is well within spec. Anyway im a happy bunny but I wish they sold at their watches at the discounted prices which they are obviously making money at
May have been returned for accuracy and fixed or bought by someone who wanted to see two colours and pick a favourite but in doing so removed the protective coverings, which never go back on properly. Either way you got a lovely new watch for a great price - enjoy it :thumbup:
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Given that if you weren't happy with a NN you would return it anyway, I guess there is no point in CW sending out a NN watch in poor condition. It would just give customers a poor impression. As it is, it creates a very good impression, (and also a bit of a frenzy come sale time)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I'm definitely getting a buzz from the #BumbleBeast

Did anyone else buy something in this round of Nearly New?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:05 am I'm definitely getting a buzz from the #BumbleBeast

Did anyone else buy something in this round of Nearly New?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
I completely missed this round of NN releases. It wouldn't have mattered anyhow; just tonight Mrs O told me I was cut off. At least my order for the Best of Flock of Seagulls CD got through before the gates closed :D I'm hoping to be back in good standing in time for the July sale.

Guy, the Bumblebeast is outstanding.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Leon O wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:32 am At least my order for the Best of Flock of Seagulls CD got through before the gates closed
That’ll be a short, 1 song CD then (a bit like the ‘Best of James’) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:25 am
Leon O wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:32 am At least my order for the Best of Flock of Seagulls CD got through before the gates closed
That’ll be a short, 1 song CD then (a bit like the ‘Best of James’) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well I can name at least two big hits for Flock of Seagulls - I Ran and Wishing (I had a photograph of you)! Random fact, one of the football dads of one my son's old teammates was a member of Flock of Seagulls. 8)
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

I stand corrected then. I only remember the photo song. Same with James and 'sit down'!
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:15 pm I stand corrected then. I only remember the photo song. Same with James and 'sit down'!
Ah, I thought that about James until I listened to the album. Lots of songs you know, but didn’t know were by James. I think they eventually marketed the Best Of along those lines at one point.
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Thegreyman wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:46 pm
Well I can name at least two big hits for Flock of Seagulls - I Ran and Wishing (I had a photograph of you)! Random fact, one of the football dads of one my son's old teammates was a member of Flock of Seagulls. 8)
I've been listening to the [New] 1'st Wave channel and realized that I recognize far more songs than I expected. I listened mostly to hrd rock n the 80's.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Thegreyman wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:46 pm
I've been listening to the [New] 1'st Wave channel and realized that I recognize far more songs than I expected. I listened mostly to hard rock n the 80's.