New C60 Bronze Ombré LE variant

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

New C60 Bronze Ombré LE variant

Post by J0EMI »

There is a new LE for the C60 Bronze Ombré LE which I believe released in 2017? The only visual differences I can tell is the intensity of the distressed dial, the detailing on the indices, the style of the minute second hands and of course the debossed twin flag motif at 12. I've put comparison photos below with the first photo being the previous edition, interestingly though the previous edition was a LE run of 250, whereas this is 500.
1165f0d97f8658427f50419bcf660ac4.jpg
20210319_133127.jpg
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: New C60 Bronze Ombré LE variant

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

If it ain't broke; why fix it?

A good update to Trident Mk3 spec / design, of a well received Mk2 model, and sticking with the larger 42mm case size.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

The update makes the original appear to be something of a proof of concept, with the newer model adding finer detailing.
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

As the owner of the mk2 version, I find this mildly annoying. I'd prefer to see CW plough new furrows with their limited editions rather than revisit old ones.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

biggus_richus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:32 pm As the owner of the mk2 version, I find this mildly annoying. I'd prefer to see CW plough new furrows with their limited editions rather than revisit old ones.
Similar feeling myself also....I do like the newer MK3 look of it though but my MK2 isn't going anywhere.
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by biggus_richus »

MiniMpi wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:49 pm Similar feeling myself also....I do like the newer MK3 look of it though but my MK2 isn't going anywhere.
Cheapens the mk2 IMO and between this and the recent AM1 VEV just shows a lack of creativity.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

@JOEMI - Yours has the better hands!
'Tis me
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

biggus_richus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:52 pm
MiniMpi wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:49 pm Similar feeling myself also....I do like the newer MK3 look of it though but my MK2 isn't going anywhere.
Cheapens the mk2 IMO and between this and the recent AM1 VEV just shows a lack of creativity.
I totally agree with your and Ferg's comments. A Limited Edition should just be that, not a let's re-visit it with some minor tweaks and frustrate those who bought the first LE.

Like the 2012 C60 LE in Scooter Blue and Jag Red......
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

Viognier wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:15 pm
biggus_richus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:52 pm
I totally agree with your and Ferg's comments. A Limited Edition should just be that, not a let's re-visit it with some minor tweaks and frustrate those who bought the first LE.

Like the 2012 C60 LE in Scooter Blue and Jag Red......
I agree also, it is CW essentially trying to double dip, saying 'that LE did well, let's make it again, but look! It's slightly different this time!'. I think their choice of words describing it as an opportunity to own a unique design which is limited in pieces slightly disingenuous.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

biggus_richus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:32 pm As the owner of the mk2 version, I find this mildly annoying. I'd prefer to see CW plough new furrows with their limited editions rather than revisit old ones.
Similar to the C65 AM series....
Drew
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Looks great, and I’d love to try a bronze watch to see the patina develop. Addition of COSC would make it ideal for me!
Unfortunately I can’t wear 42mm, shame it is no available in 40mm or 38mm sizes.

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

dimensions wise it reminds me of the watch that i owned briefly from their jan sale.

JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

The design reminds me of the Oris Aquis. Nice and clean and sharp.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

You guys are a tough crowd. I get what those of you that are disappointed are saying, but the MkII and MkIII have enough differences to make them each unique.

Personally I think it is great that CW is able to take advantage of the MKIII case and offer a (re)release of a very popular MKII Limited Edition. I don't see that it takes anything at all from the MKII version.

The release of this MKIII version of the Bronze Ombre" COSC allows those that missed out on a 300 piece LE a second chance and CW makes a couple bucks. Seems like a win win to me.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Yea I’ve got to agree with Kip. Not nearly as similar and close together time-wise as the AMGT/VEV watches.

This looks great IMO, and having a chronometer for that price is nice too. I’d buy one if I didn’t overspend on watches at the end of 2020...
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925