Discuss Christopher Ward watches
theemaadhatter
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 8

Re: New C60 Bronze Ombré LE variant

Post by theemaadhatter »

J0EMI wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:05 pm
Brian, I was unaware you were on this forum - I owe you a big thanks. It was your original video review on YouTube of the C60 bronze MK2 which convinced me to purchase my first ever CW watch which was the C65 bronze, I loved the watch you were reviewing but unfortunately by the time I had come across your video it had been some time since you originally posted it so the limited edition run had long ended, so loving the idea of a bronze watch I got the C65 instead having the same dial too. Now the MK3 version has come out I actually prefer it to the MK2, so it has given me the opportunity to own the watch you introduced me to albeit with some differences. So thank you!
I'm around and check in occasionally. Not as active with posts as I used to be, since most of my CW time is spent managing the inmates in the CWE FB group, then there's all that video making :)

I think the tone of the C65 dial strikes a great balance, very much between the MK2 and MK3 C60s from what I've seen. Also glad you were able to get one of the new C60s, it's a good watch. The review may not have helped your pocketbook though!
TMH (https://watchcomplications.com)
"it is maddening choosing your outfit based on the watch you want to wear..."
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

theemaadhatter wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:41 pm
I'm around and check in occasionally. Not as active with posts as I used to be, since most of my CW time is spent managing the inmates in the CWE FB group, then there's all that video making :)

I think the tone of the C65 dial strikes a great balance, very much between the MK2 and MK3 C60s from what I've seen. Also glad you were able to get one of the new C60s, it's a good watch. The review may not have helped your pocketbook though!
Very much enjoyed part 1 of your comparison video between the 2 versions. Interesting that the Mk3 version has a more raised caseback over the Mk2 despite as you said, it has the light catcher case which is supposed to make it appear slimmer. I wonder what the reason is for it being more raised, is the movement different in that it has to petrude out more?
redmonaco
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by redmonaco »

New one looks very cool
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

After staring at these online since inception I pulled the trigger last night and justified the purchase with my personal on deck justification of you're a long time dead. I awoke this morning to find a dispatch notice in my inbox.

So now impatience has kicked in.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I have been trying to get hold of either the C60 mk2 or C65 ombre with no joy. Im after my 15th CW watch to follow on from my operation. As you all know im giving away a wonderful CW watch on another thread but if if if if if (by a miracle ) my operation is a success i would love a bronze ombre even it has to be the c60 mk3. Due to not being able to get hold of the c65 i think i will contact CW to ask if they have number 217 available to coincide with my operation date (ie 21st June) and this watch can be the one I wear as I try to get a life back and the patina can occur along side my recovery.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Deks wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:54 am I have been trying to get hold of either the C60 mk2 or C65 ombre with no joy. Im after my 15th CW watch to follow on from my operation. As you all know im giving away a wonderful CW watch on another thread but if if if if if (by a miracle ) my operation is a success i would love a bronze ombre even it has to be the c60 mk3. Due to not being able to get hold of the c65 i think i will contact CW to ask if they have number 217 available to coincide with my operation date (ie 21st June) and this watch can be the one I wear as I try to get a life back and the patina can occur along side my recovery.
That sounds like a great plan Mike :clap: :thumbup:
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Deks wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:54 am I have been trying to get hold of either the C60 mk2 or C65 ombre with no joy. Im after my 15th CW watch to follow on from my operation. As you all know im giving away a wonderful CW watch on another thread but if if if if if (by a miracle ) my operation is a success i would love a bronze ombre even it has to be the c60 mk3. Due to not being able to get hold of the c65 i think i will contact CW to ask if they have number 217 available to coincide with my operation date (ie 21st June) and this watch can be the one I wear as I try to get a life back and the patina can occur along side my recovery.
Mike. Don't you want 216, not 217 for 21st June?
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Hi Jafo, yes im a spanner its 216. I sent a message to CW and had to send another stating 216 doh!
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

I have a C65 Ombré I will be selling, unfortunately not for another (up to) 6 weeks, as it is currently with CW for repair.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

J0EMI wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:50 pm
I have a C65 Ombré I will be selling, unfortunately not for another (up to) 6 weeks, as it is currently with CW for repair.
What was it being repaired for Joemi?

Cheers

Mike
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

Rotor spin, apparently a common issue with the Sellita movement in the C65, the watch was only 5 months old when the problem begin however from what I understand it is an easy fix with CW.
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Lawrence »

Arrived a few days ago....

Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

Lawrence wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:54 am Arrived a few days ago....

Thoughts? Lawrence :)
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Lawrence »

I like it, I had the MKII C60 Ombre and it was not quite 'right' so I moved it on. This version is much better and I really like it.... :thumbup:
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

I'd definitely buy one if it was 40mm, looks fantastic....skinny wrist syndrome being what it is....
Much prefer this bronzed dial and black bezel to the blue/bronze bezel of the regular C60 bronze-cased watch.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.