Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: New limited edition releases

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:40 am So the watch dial's red area is not from 60-10, it's from 0-10 thus simulating, as best as possible, the racing car dial's anti-stall low rev range.
An interesting, understandable and most plausible concept Mick.

Thanks for explaining it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
nburgess
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by nburgess »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:28 pm
MiniMpi wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:28 pm Well done everyone who ordered one of the new variants :clap:
The black bezel versions looks fantastic I must say.

I do hope the black bezel is constructed differently to the first generation C70 bezels which were extremely damage prone...
Its definitely different to the painted bezel of the early C70 GP Series, which were a complete ding magnet.

The finish, from CW's website description is;- "Black DLC steel bezel with Tachymeter markers in white lacquer"

Looking at the photos I assess it to be the same as the bezel and case back finish on the C60 Chronograph, accepting that has a ceramic bezel insert.

Guy
Guy, In your experience, how does DLC coating tend to hold up against scratches and dings ? Is it pretty hardy stuff ?
Not having had anything with this coating, I have no idea.
The reason being, I've provisionally asked Vallen to hold a certain serial number for me (which she's very kindly done).
I'm not planning to wear it as a beater or anything like that, but would like a watch that I don't have to treat with kid gloves.
Neil
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

nburgess wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:09 pm
Guy, In your experience, how does DLC coating tend to hold up against scratches and dings ? Is it pretty hardy stuff ?
The reason being, I've provisionally asked Vallen to hold a certain serial number for me (which she's very kindly done).
I'm not planning to wear it as a beater or anything like that, but would like a watch that I don't have to treat with kid gloves.
Bottom line, I have no issue with DLC as, arguably it is a tougher finish that basic 316L Stainless Steel.

This article from StrapCode is worth a read;- PVD versus DLC coatings

From a personal experience point of view, shortly after I bought my C8 M2.04 Concorde LE (Charcoal DLC case), I was wearing it and reached into one of my under worktop kitchen cupboards to put a saucepan away. Retracting my hand I caught the case of the watch on a corner of one of the door hinges. :shock: :shock:

Fearing the worst, I checked the watch and found there wasn't a mark on it. :) :)

Buy with confidence and, to put my money where my mouth is (so to speak) Vallen has a reserved serial number for a 2 VEV waiting for me too. :wink: :wink:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
nburgess
Guru
Guru

Post by nburgess »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:37 pm
nburgess wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:09 pm
Bottom line, I have no issue with DLC as, arguably it is a tougher finish that basic 316L Stainless Steel.

This article from StrapCode is worth a read;- PVD versus DLC coatings

From a personal experience point of view, shortly after I bought my C8 M2.04 Concorde LE (Charcoal DLC case), I was wearing it and reached into one of my under worktop kitchen cupboards to put a saucepan away. Retracting my hand I caught the case of the watch on a corner of one of the door hinges. :shock: :shock:

Fearing the worst, I checked the watch and found there wasn't a mark on it. :) :)

Buy with confidence and, to put my money where my mouth is (so to speak) Vallen has a reserved serial number for a 2 VEV waiting for me too. :wink: :wink:

Guy
Ha, great minds!
Many thanks for this though, Guy. I think I may very well proceed. I do actually have a couple of quartz chronos but one (Dan Henry 1962) is a tad small, but I do love the look of. And the other (mk3 C7) I do wear, but not too often, so do often put it into sleep mode, which kinda defeats the object of a grab & go. But I could really do with a super accurate grab & go..one that I'll use.
Neil
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:28 pm Its definitely different to the painted bezel of the early C70 GP Series, which were a complete ding magnet.

The finish, from CW's website description is;- "Black DLC steel bezel with Tachymeter markers in white lacquer"

Looking at the photos I assess it to be the same as the bezel and case back finish on the C60 Chronograph, accepting that has a ceramic bezel insert.

Guy
I didn't spot that in the description, Thanks Guy :thumbup:
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

JasperCat wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:40 pm I have neither motorsport, chronograph or quartz.. and this black bezel variant does look very tempting indeed... guess being a limited run, will need to decide relatively quickly :lol:
Thought about it for few hours, finally couldn't resist, and these things seem to be flying out the door today... so a C65 AM 2 VEV SE on bracelet has been ordered... finally have a motorsport CW and lovely looking one at that :D

As a bonus, I already have the black/red hybrid strap (in fact all the other strap combos they show), so can mix it up a bit too :thumbup:

I must stop checking in on this forum, far too much temptation :lol:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Pondering a move for the VEV 1, steel bezel.

Sent an email, checking availability of a particular number.

Can’t go wrong with the QR bracelet.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
nburgess
Guru
Guru

Post by nburgess »

Ordered the 2 VEV.
I in no way was contemplating buying a new CW anytime soon..especially a quartz chrono. But the black bezel has made all the difference to these for me. Let's hope it's as good looking in the flesh. Although I suspect it will be, as the original seemed to go down pretty well on here and over on CWE.
May have to shift one or 2 peices now 🤔
Neil
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

Laird wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:36 pm Incoming !

CW C65 AM 2VEV LE.jpg

2VEV on Bracelet & spare Red/Black Hybrid - exploiting the current Voucher !

Ordered just after 11.00 am - no sign of a 'DISPATCHED' email by 17.00 ... looking at the comments on here, I suspect theres been quite a run on these - esp the 2VEV Black Beauty !
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

I love the look of the black bezel offering but I cant get past the feeling of being had a bit. Like a couple of others, I bought the AMGT LE based on it being the last of its kind.

First time ive ever had a negative opinion of CW but I do.

As much as I want to order one, I think ill wait a while for the next last ever. Or the one after that.
Not happy.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Dickchins wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:26 pm As much as I want to order one, I think ill wait a while for the next last ever. Or the one after that.
Not happy.
Kind of like The Who and touring. I saw them on their FIRST final tour. They’ve probably done a dozen more tours since then. I’ll cut them slack though because they’re The Who, and my understanding is they’d go out on tour whenever John Entwistle ran out of money.
Drew
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:56 pm
Dickchins wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:26 pm As much as I want to order one, I think ill wait a while for the next last ever. Or the one after that.
Not happy.
Kind of like The Who and touring. I saw them on their FIRST final tour. They’ve probably done a dozen more tours since then. I’ll cut them slack though because they’re The Who, and my understanding is they’d go out on tour whenever John Entwistle ran out of money.
:lol: ill buy another cw then, when Mike France runs out of money!!!!!!!!
undetterred
Senior
Senior

Post by undetterred »

This forum has a habit of emptying your wallet.
Steinhart Ocean 39 vintage red/blue ceramic,Olko edition
C65 Super comp
C60 Trident Pro
C60 Blue LE
Omega Seamaster 300m
Longines Admiral Chronograph
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:01 pm
Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:40 am So the watch dial's red area is not from 60-10, it's from 0-10 thus simulating, as best as possible, the racing car dial's anti-stall low rev range.
An interesting, understandable and most plausible concept Mick.

Thanks for explaining it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guy
In theory Guy yes.
Unfortunately the rev counter on the real car doesn't show it as I've explained it, so who knows why CW did it like that :lol: :oops:
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

undetterred wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:32 pm This forum has a habit of emptying your wallet.
Indeed... At the rate these seem to being bought, I suspect they’ll be sold out by tomorrow :shock:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King