Discuss Christopher Ward watches
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: New limited edition releases

Post by StrapMeister »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:34 pm
StrapMeister wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:31 pm Also, what's the difference between the C65 AM 1 VEV Special Edition and the C65 AM GT LE ?
(apart from some gumph on the bezel!)
Different movement with different timing functions (see my previous post) and the AM GT LE came with a COSC certificate.
:thumbup:
Thanks Andrew
undetterred
Senior
Senior

Post by undetterred »

Without going off topic,what sort of battery life is achievable with one of these?
Steinhart Ocean 39 vintage red/blue ceramic,Olko edition
C65 Super comp
C60 Trident Pro
C60 Blue LE
Omega Seamaster 300m
Longines Admiral Chronograph
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

StrapMeister wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:42 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:33 pm
stefs wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:22 pm Can anyone tell me the difference between the timing abilities of the original v this one? Thanks
AM GT LE: 60 second/60 minute counters on the main dial; 1/10 second at 2 o’clock; 12 hour at 10 o’clock; running seconds at 6 o’clock

The new LE loses the 60 minute central counter and swaps 30 minutes for 12 hours at 10 o’clock and no COSC
The new LE still has the 60 minute central counter but in red.
EDITED because I’m an idiot who can’t read before commenting! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Drew
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

They are using different movements, although both are thermo compensated.

The 27-jewel ETA 251.233/1 in the black bezel 2VEV boasts a tolerance of just -15/+15 seconds per year, with 12 hour chrono whereas . . . .
. . .the ETA’s 251.274 in the steel bezel 1 VEV is a 22-jewel, 30mm movement boasting a tolerance of just -10/+10 seconds per year, with (by the look of it) a 30 minutes chrono and a 'Time-Zone Mechanism' (Independent hour hand).

Also the ETA 251.274 CF calibre is a 13¼’’’ multi-function chronograph movement displaying hours, minutes, seconds, date and incorporating PowerDrive and PreciDrive technologies.

The ETA 251.233/1 does not come up on a search on ETA's website. Retired movement perhaps?

The earlier C65 AM GT, gets an ETA 251.264 COSC rated (as we know).

Although the movements in the 1VEV and 2VEV are not, it would appear, COSC certified they are nevertheless PowerDrive and PreciDrive, so ultra accurate (even though not tested as such).

Yes; I will agree there are some muddy waters on the earlier qualification of the C65 AM GT being 'the last quartz watch'.

However, I will ask if there are enough similarities between the GT, 1VEV & 2VEV for them all to be considered part of the C65 AM . . . family; being the last CW Quartz watches.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bahnstormer_vRS

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:55 pm
I wonder if that’s on the photo with the wrong counter at 10 o’clock? It’s clear they just recycled images from the AM GT LE, as some models have FOUR central hands and a 12 hour counter while other models show THREE central hands and a 30 minute counter.

Pretty sloppy....
:-k :-k

Sorry Andrew.

The 1VEV has three centre hands, whilst the 2VEV has four centre hands; as they use different movements.

Guy

Bahnstormer_vRS

undetterred wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:51 pm Without going off topic,what sort of battery life is achievable with one of these?
From CW's website;- 72-month power reserve (both models) i.e. 6 years.

Guy

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:56 pm Yes; I will agree there are some muddy waters on the earlier qualification of the C65 AM GT being 'the last quartz watch'.

However, I will ask if there are enough similarities between the GT, 1VEV & 2VEV for them all to be considered part of the C65 AM . . . family; being the last CW Quartz watches.

Guy
Thanks for clarifying that it’s actually two different versions with different specs. I didn’t read the descriptions closely enough. Clearly no mistakes on CW’s part.

And that’s a good point about the C65 AM line being the last quartz watches versus one particular model in that line.
Drew
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:58 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:55 pm
I wonder if that’s on the photo with the wrong counter at 10 o’clock? It’s clear they just recycled images from the AM GT LE, as some models have FOUR central hands and a 12 hour counter while other models show THREE central hands and a 30 minute counter.

Pretty sloppy....
:-k :-k

Sorry Andrew.

The 1VEV has three centre hands, whilst the 2VEV has four centre hands; as they use different movements.

Guy
I’ve gone back and edited my posts to remove incorrect information. I don’t want to cause confusion.

Thanks for clarifying this, Guy.
Drew
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

I quite like them... how to get it past Mrs gannet...
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Bahnstormer_vRS

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:01 pm
Thanks for clarifying that it’s actually two different versions with different specs. I didn’t read the descriptions closely enough. Clearly no mistakes on CW’s part.

And that’s a good point about the C65 AM line being the last quartz watches versus one particular model in that line.
In all honesty, I only realised they were different movements after @biggus_richus mentioned it in a post on the CWE Group earlier, and I then checked and investigated.

I had already made up my mind that the 2VEV with its black DLC bezel on bracelet is the one to have. :wink: :wink:

Guy

Bahnstormer_vRS

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:09 pm
I’ve gone back and edited my posts to remove incorrect information. I don’t want to cause confusion.

Thanks for clarifying this, Guy.
Thanks Andrew. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guy

Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

The AM VEV 2 is very tempting.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:56 pm They are using different movements, although both are thermo compensated.

The 27-jewel ETA 251.233/1 in the black bezel 2VEV boasts a tolerance of just -15/+15 seconds per year, with 12 hour chrono whereas . . . .
. . .the ETA’s 251.274 in the steel bezel 1 VEV is a 22-jewel, 30mm movement boasting a tolerance of just -10/+10 seconds per year, with (by the look of it) a 30 minutes chrono and a 'Time-Zone Mechanism' (Independent hour hand).

Also the ETA 251.274 CF calibre is a 13¼’’’ multi-function chronograph movement displaying hours, minutes, seconds, date and incorporating PowerDrive and PreciDrive technologies.

The ETA 251.233/1 does not come up on a search on ETA's website. Retired movement perhaps?

The earlier C65 AM GT, gets an ETA 251.264 COSC rated (as we know).

Although the movements in the 1VEV and 2VEV are not, it would appear, COSC certified they are nevertheless PowerDrive and PreciDrive, so ultra accurate (even though not tested as such).

Yes; I will agree there are some muddy waters on the earlier qualification of the C65 AM GT being 'the last quartz watch'.

Guy
Thanks for the in-depth explanation of the differences between the two new additions and the original version Guy :clap: :thumbup:
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

The black bezel AM 2 looks nice, something a little different, but couldn’t they have done something different for the AM 1? It looks almost exactly like the AM GT LE. Maybe that was intentional?

No matter for me, I wasn’t a huge fan of the original either. Patiently awaiting the promised spring release of the C60 Aero :-"
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
simmo140
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

Post by simmo140 »

The sub dial that looks like a rev counter still bugs me. The "red line" should be between 50 and 60 seconds, not 60 and 10. Opportunity missed. Saying that I have one and like it very much.
C2, C7 Mk1, C6 Blue & black, C60 LE Yellow & Orange, C11 MSL PVD, C13 Chrono, C60 300 Orange, C65 Trident Diver, C65 AM GT, Lillenthal Supernova LE, C60#Tide, C65 Classic LE, C63 GMT