CW CS

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

CW CS

Post by Macdaz »

We are all quick to complain these days and I want to offer a counter balance to the 'CW's CS Sucks!' posts and praise some great service.

In June my Al Deere came on a Vintage Oak which was later replaced with the canvas option. I love it on that strap so it is unlikely to change. I have a couple of watches that the Vintage Oak would be great for, but it had a PVD buckle and the watches are Stainless Steel.

I emailed Vallen and asked if it was possible to buy a SS buckle so I could make use of the strap. Vallen replied that it is not possible to buy one as they are not held as parts, but she has located one and has popped it in the post free of charge. This is not the first time I have received service like this from Vallen and CW but I'm always impressed and very grateful when they do that bit more and that is why they will always have my recommendation.
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: CW CS

Post by H0rati0 »

Excellent to hear and thanks for posting. 8)
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

Always great to hear the good stuff! Thanks for sharing.
Steve.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Good to hear the positive side of CS. As you say, people tend to post mainly when they are unhappy and perceive bad service. I am sure there are other good CS experiences that we don't hear about. I've generally had only positive dealings with them in the past.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
undetterred
Senior
Senior

Post by undetterred »

Goood service mostly taken for granted,good outcome
Steinhart Ocean 39 vintage red/blue ceramic,Olko edition
C65 Super comp
C60 Trident Pro
C60 Blue LE
Omega Seamaster 300m
Longines Admiral Chronograph
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

I think it’s important to share these experiences. My mantra the last 12 months has been to put out as much positive energy as I can. To that end, if I get great service I let people know!

When I was sent a C65 AM GT LE with the wrong serial #, CW’s customer service was incredibly responsive, apologetic, and quick in getting it resolved. I sent an email to Mike France just to let him know I got great service. The woman who worked with me was wonderful, and I wanted the top brass to know they have great employees providing great service! We’re quick to go to the top to complain. I think we should do the same when the service is great.

I had a coworker who once asked why she should have to be super nice and courteous to someone for simply doing what they’re paid to do...no one liked her!
Drew
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Thanks for the positive post.

I wonder how many pages this will go.... :-k
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jkbarnes wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:57 pm I think it’s important to share these experiences. My mantra the last 12 months has been to put out as much positive energy as I can. To that end, if I get great service I let people know!
I couldn’t agree more! During the various lockdowns I have only used the local store in the village for food. Before that I used to use the bigger supermarkets. I have changed my buying habits and they have been absolutely brilliant. I’ll try to remember to keep telling them that.

I have only used CW CS three times. One regulation, one warranty repair and one normal service. Absolutely fine each time.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Good to hear good side of people's CS stories.
I have dealt with CW CS a lot for various things but thankfully only for a few issues on my watches.
All were handled perfectly and efficiently and as the OP stated, most of the time the CS went way beyond what was expected .
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Funnily enough I've been looking at this thread and wondering how much faster it would have grown had the OP expressed a more negative view. There used to be a statistic about how many people were told about a negative customer service experience compared to a positive on. That will be way out of date now thanks to the interweb.
I'm sure that the vast majority of customers the feedback would be generally neutral - buy watch, sent out/delivered efficiently, have no problems and get on with their life ...
I have to say that the only time I have contacted CW (NOT with a problem) I was dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

Kip wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:03 am
Indeed. I suspect if I’d been complaining that my Chinese/Japanese watch which cost a third of the price already matches my spare straps, so why can’t CW do the same we’d be up to half a dozen by now! :- :D
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE