HELP! Forgot to enter promo code before checkout

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Re: HELP! Forgot to enter promo code before checkout

Post by audio.bill »

tzerenc wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:19 am I've just had a chat with CW customer support. Extremely professional and eager to help. I quoted 100LOUPE20 and they said they would charge the full amount to my card and then issue a £100 refund.

I must say, CW has some impeccable customer service.

Again, thanks very much for your help! Was quite worried over the weekend, but you guys definitely put my mind at ease.
Happy to hear that they accommodated you by honoring the coupon. Hope you're pleased with the watch, and now you still have the 10% code they provided you with to use on another more expensive model! :lol:
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

tzerenc wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:19 am I've just had a chat with CW customer support. Extremely professional and eager to help. I quoted 100LOUPE20 and they said they would charge the full amount to my card and then issue a £100 refund.

I must say, CW has some impeccable customer service.

Again, thanks very much for your help! Was quite worried over the weekend, but you guys definitely put my mind at ease.
Thrilled that CW provided you with impeccable customer service and excited to see your pictures upon arrival!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
tzerenc
CW-watches: 1

Post by tzerenc »

Just received the watch today! What a beauty it is.

However, the 9 o'clock marker is a little crooked. Should I bring this up with CW? Or is this a norm, as I'm aware many of their watches are assembled by hand and are prone to small imperfections.

The way I see it, small imperfections just make the watch more unique, so I'm happy regardless :)

IMG_1156.jpeg
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photo 'Placed in Line' - https://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=55242
Like most guys, I've always liked watches. I can always check the time on my phone, but having a watch is so much better.
tzerenc

Post by tzerenc »

Attached below is an image that better highlights the crooked 9 o'clock marker

IMG_1160.jpeg
Last edited by Bahnstormer_vRS on Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached photo 'Placed in Line' - https://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=55242
Like most guys, I've always liked watches. I can always check the time on my phone, but having a watch is so much better.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

tzerenc wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:35 pm Attached below is an image that better highlights the crooked 9 o'clock marker
Assembled after a bottle of Swiss plonk!
Not the end of the world and you are taking it very well, but it amazes me that this can get through QC.

Definitely get on the blower and have it sorted. It'll start bugging you at some point otherwise :thumbup:
Ryan
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

^^^Exactly as Ryan has said!
Steve.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

CW is the only one who can resolve this for you (us forumites don't have any super powers)
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

tzerenc wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:35 pm Attached below is an image that better highlights the crooked 9 o'clock marker
I’ve got to say I’d call myself very laid back and understanding, I don’t get bothered by much. But this one is one of the worst QC misses I’ve seen from CW.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

Might be just my eyes or the angle but the one at three looks to be a hair off too.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

tzerenc wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:34 pm The way I see it, small imperfections just make the watch more unique, so I'm happy regardless :)
I do admire how relaxed you are about it! I don't think it is a too common occurrence so you shouldn't keep it based upon it been the norm.
Obviously it is up to you but I would send it back for a new one if it was mine.

I'm surprised we haven't seen this already as you are right they do apply elements by hand as they said when it was released - "You have to apply the indexes, and then the Super-LumiNova® by hand. There are 20 steps and over 80 operations to create one of these dials, and something can go wrong at virtually every one."

Looks like this was one of those times it went slightly off target.

Good luck on sorting it out or that you continue to enjoy it if you decide to keep the rare one off!
tzerenc

Post by tzerenc »

Thermexman wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:25 pm ^^^Exactly as Ryan has said!
Viognier wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:34 pm CW is the only one who can resolve this for you (us forumites don't have any super powers)
ajax87 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:47 pm
I’ve got to say I’d call myself very laid back and understanding, I don’t get bothered by much. But this one is one of the worst QC misses I’ve seen from CW.
A1soknownas wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:58 pm
tzerenc wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:34 pm The way I see it, small imperfections just make the watch more unique, so I'm happy regardless :)
I do admire how relaxed you are about it! I don't think it is a too common occurrence so you shouldn't keep it based upon it been the norm.
Obviously it is up to you but I would send it back for a new one if it was mine.

I'm surprised we haven't seen this already as you are right they do apply elements by hand as they said when it was released - "You have to apply the indexes, and then the Super-LumiNova® by hand. There are 20 steps and over 80 operations to create one of these dials, and something can go wrong at virtually every one."

Looks like this was one of those times it went slightly off target.

Good luck on sorting it out or that you continue to enjoy it if you decide to keep the rare one off!
StrappedUp wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:03 pm
Assembled after a bottle of Swiss plonk!
Not the end of the world and you are taking it very well, but it amazes me that this can get through QC.

Definitely get on the blower and have it sorted. It'll start bugging you at some point otherwise :thumbup:
I see. In this case, I might consider sending it back to CW for a replacement.

However, I have already cut off the 60/60 plastic tag that was attached to the watch's bracelet. Otherwise, it's basically good as new.

Will this be an issue with returning the product?
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

^^^if cutting off the tag is the only evidence of it’s time with you, you’ll be fine. The watch needs to be in as new and unworn/un damaged condition. The tag is irrelevant.
Steve.
tzerenc

Post by tzerenc »

Thermexman wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:20 pm ^^^if cutting off the tag is the only evidence of it’s time with you, you’ll be fine. The watch needs to be in as new and unworn/un damaged condition. The tag is irrelevant.
In that case, I should be alright. I've gone ahead and filled in the return form and repackaged the watch as best I could.

I'll update you guys on the return process as it unfolds.
Attachments
IMG_1182.jpeg
IMG_1181.jpeg
IMG_1203.jpeg
IMG_1189.jpeg
IMG_1184.jpeg
IMG_1178.jpeg
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I always assumed that dials were made more technically than by hand. I thought the dials themselves would have marks or even indents to position the indices. I thought the indices would be manufactured and pre-lumed. Then at some point the indices would be attached to the dials in their designated locations.

I am just amazed to hear that indices are placed by hand and then lumed in situ.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

tzerenc wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:58 am I'll update you guys on the return process as it unfolds.
What options did the form provide? Have asked for refund or a replacement? I hope that they do not set off on a path to fix it instead which could leave you waiting a while!

Maybe it might be a good idea to add a clear note on the form as to what you expect to happen if it is not just a simple refund or quick replacement, or give them a call/message then quote that on the return too.