JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Sandhurst crown

Post by JasperCat »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:24 am
Thermexman wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:59 am

However, coincidentally, I was walking the dog on Friday, whilst wearing my Dartmouth. When I got home I noticed that it had stopped! Thankfully, the crown had somehow being pulled out due to me putting my hand in and out of my pockets. It’s a first for me but serves as a gentle reminder to be careful when doing the dishes! (Note: I don’t dive and rarely swim)

All I’d suggest, and it’s what I’d do, is never deliberately swim with a pull out crown unless you’ve checked that it’s pushed in first.
I've had this with the C65 TD - crown catching on the edge of a pocket. I don't swim with it. But I wouldn't bother getting the case changed. Just use a swimming watch with SD crown. Or take the watch off.
I've had this once, with the crown catching on the edge of the watch winder cushion lugs... next morning I realised it had stopped and when I noted the time, it was the time I'd popped it on the winder... quite ironic really, given the winders function :lol:

Other than that, I love the larger crown on the C65 military watches... so much easier to operate when needed and just feel more "military" too :thumbup:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King