CW’s online sales system – why so archaic?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Re: CW’s online sales system – why so archaic?

Post by Dilbert »

I'm not going to say which watch in case there's only one in stock :p
nbg wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:16 pm Have you tried buying as a guest, rather than your account?
Thanks, Neil. I have now tried buying as a guest, but to no avail.
JAFO wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:19 pm I think we have all had the buy it now button not working, or worse, getting told it's out of stock at checkout.
Yes, I figured as much when I tried to buy sale items (and failed). Now I've been attempting to buy a regular product; I wonder if it's a problem with CW's IT system or merely low stock of the watch in question.

Either way, I'm convinced that CW needs to improve its online store. I can't be alone in having difficulties trying to give money to CW – cash they should welcome!

Update: I finally spoke with Customer Services, and even they couldn’t take my money. While on the phone, their payment system crashed :oops:
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I couldn't get to the Billing part of the order process with some of the sale watches. Clicking the "Continue to billing" button did nothing. I found a workaround for this by just entering the url below in the browser and it would let me get to the billing part. Something strange with that button for some orders.

https://www.christopherward.com/int/che ... nt#payment

I am in the US and have a Capital One credit card. Whenever I order from CW, I will get a email and message on my phone asking if this is a legitimate purchase. If I don't reply, payment will not go through. Really like this fraude protection. And no foreign transaction fees.
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Post by Dilbert »

Is CW taking a Swiss leaf out of Rolex’s book (driving exclusivity by making it hard to buy the watches)? To get "the call", with which gifts would you recommend that I shower the staff in Maidenhead? :)
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Post by Dilbert »

nordwulf wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:58 pm Clicking the "Continue to billing" button did nothing ... Something strange with that button for some orders.
Thanks, nordwulf. You've hit the nail on the (Maiden)head. There's something strange with that button for some orders because I've bought other stuff without problems.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Not sure which screen, but something that happens to me occasionally when checking out (not with CW) and also with some online banking websites. Pop-up settings, which are browser specific.

Could be if your browser has pop-ups disabled and as part of the final security confirmation the browser refuses to open a small pop-up which may request a code or have a 'confirm' number to complete the transaction. If you don't see the pop-up, you can't complete the purchase.

Easiest way to check is either look at your pop-up settings which are normally in security or try another browser.

Might not be this, but could be the problem.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Post by Dilbert »

Thanks, Chris. I did try the popup settings, but without success. Aargh!

I have given up attempting to buy online from CW. But if Customer Services get back in touch, then I'll buy it. I'm leaving it in the lap of the horology gods!

I wonder how many other people didn't manage to buy online from CW :?:
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Dilbert wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:45 pm Thanks, Chris. I did try the popup settings, but without success. Aargh!
No problem, sometimes it'll need a reboot of the pc to recognise the change.

Have you tried using a different browser?
I find Chrome can sometimes cause problems, but Opera, Firefox and Edge are ok.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Post by Dilbert »

I tried Firefox, Edge and Safari (and a reboot of the computer).
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Dilbert wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:45 pm Thanks, Chris. I did try the popup settings, but without success. Aargh!

I have given up attempting to buy online from CW. But if Customer Services get back in touch, then I'll buy it. I'm leaving it in the lap of the horology gods!

I wonder how many other people didn't manage to buy online from CW :?:
What's the watch you're having the problem with?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Dilbert wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:52 pm

Update: I finally spoke with Customer Services, and even they couldn’t take my money. While on the phone, their payment system crashed :oops:

. . . . . . . ..
You've spoken with Customer Service, but your waiting for Customer Service to get back in touch. :-k :-k

I'm confused.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Dilbert
Senior
Senior

Post by Dilbert »

Dilbert wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:52 pm Update: I finally spoke with Customer Services, and even they couldn’t take my money. While on the phone, their payment system crashed :oops:
I have all but given up.