QC issue with Worldglow - opinions requested

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Macdaz
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 10

Re: QC issue with Worldglow - opinions requested

Post by Macdaz »

In the UK at least the Consumer rights Act 2015 is your friend.

If the item is not of satisfactory quality, as described and fit for purpose you have 30 days to reject the goods and are entitled to a full and immediate refund.

If you're outside the 30-day right to reject, you have to give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace any faulty goods which are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described.

You can tell the retailer whether you'd prefer a repair or a replacement, but they have the final say as to which they do.

If you discover the fault within the first six months from delivery, it's presumed to have been there from the time you received it - unless the retailer can prove otherwise. During this time, it's up to the retailer to prove that the fault wasn't there at the time of delivery - it's not up to you to prove that it was.

If the attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful, you can then claim a refund, or a price reduction if you wish to keep the product.

The retailer can't make any deductions from a refund in the first six months following an unsuccessful attempt at repair or replacement.

It gets a bit messier after 6 months, but ultimately you have 6 years to make a claim for a refund.

The good news is I doubt you would ever need to rely on the law. In my experience CW will put things right.
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Orient Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C3Malvern|Seiko Recraft|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|Laco Aachen|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AM GT LE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC
paw3001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Post by paw3001 »

Isn’t that within the first 6 months, the customer can make the request a repair or a replacement and it is their decision on which to accept. After 6 months, the customer can make the request but it is the retailers decision to perform a repair or replacement. Of course they can still refund if neither of those options are suitable.

The reason I say this is because I rejected a watch from a well known jeweller which was faulty. It was after 30days but within 6 months. It was an expensive watch and the jeweller initially stated that they would send it for repair under warranty but I said no I would not expect such a watch to have this type of fault so early and therefore it was fit for purpose at time of sale and that I would expect for a replacement for a new watch. They tried to insist on the repair but I quoted the act and told them this wasn’t a warranty issue but their issue as supplier and my contract was with them. They spoke to Head Office and I got a replacement watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watches - Too many but not enough!
Macdaz
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 10

Post by Macdaz »

The details I posted are your statutory rights (I lifted them from the ‘Which’ website as I was too lazy to type it myself)

Of course, retailers can go above that, as in your case. You were correct, it wasn’t a warranty issue as this is something offered by manufacturer or seller. It is additional to, and outside of, your Statutory rights. They could have insisted on a repair, they have one go at it, but in the interests of service they did what you asked. But legally they could have stuck to their guns. It’s like refunds if you don’t like a purchase. They don’t have to offer a return unless it’s faulty. (Distance selling has to offer 14 days) But most do because it’s good service.
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Orient Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C3Malvern|Seiko Recraft|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|Laco Aachen|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AM GT LE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC
MichaelMD
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by MichaelMD »

Update:

I emailed Customer Service 2/23
They responded the next day 2/24
Watch was picked up by DHL today 2/26

I'll update this as the watch progresses to England for repairs and back for those who are interested.
I will credit the CW customer service folks. They immediately agreed ship the watch back at their expense to take care of the issue no questions asked.
Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Viognier »

MichaelMD wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:12 pm
Update:

Watch was picked up by DHL today 2/26

I'll update this as the watch progresses to England for repairs and back for those who are interested.
I will credit the CW customer service folks. They immediately agreed ship the watch back at their expense to take care of the issue no questions asked.
Excellent customer service!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
MichaelMD
Senior
Senior

Post by MichaelMD »

It's back on my wrist! Got to hand it to Christopher Ward, that was lightning fast response on their part to getting this issue resolved. Here is the timeline:

Watch was picked up by DHL 2/26
Arrived in London 2/28
Delivered to Christopher Ward 3/4/21
CW emailed stating they have watch 3/5/21
CW emailed stating repair complete 3/8/21
Order despatched from CW 3/10/21
Arrived in USA New York 3/11/21
Arrived at my door on 3/12/21

Total days 17. That's pretty amazing. I have to say I'm very pleased with their customer service at this point. :thumbup:

Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Thermexman »

Excellent news. Glad it's back with you and that you are pleased with the outcome. Thanks for updating as it's always good to hear the resolutions.
Steve.
Thegreyman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thegreyman »

That's fantastic customer service.

Great to see the watch back on your wrist with the Canary Islands (piece of dust) now removed :wink:
Patrick

C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C65 Ombre COSC LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife)

Some others + a few on the way
MichaelMD
Senior
Senior

Post by MichaelMD »

Thegreyman wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:16 pm
That's fantastic customer service.

Great to see the watch back on your wrist with the Canary Islands (piece of dust) now removed :wink:
:lol:

LOL, I feel God-like now. I removed the Canary Islands from the planet! Ha Ha Haaaaahhhh!
Viognier
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Viognier »

Great result and fantastic service from CW ! Thrilled it's back in its home Michael
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Laird
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

Viognier wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:41 pm
Great result and fantastic service from CW ! Thrilled it's back in its home Michael
So it wasnt the Canary Islands after all .... :P
|C70s|C7 BlueBird, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT |C4 Phoenix/40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, B, GMT & DD Valjoux|C65 Classic LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulsom, JH2, AMGT|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
ajax87
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by ajax87 »

Awesome! Good to hear, and very consistent of CW as my same issue was resolved in roughly the same time frame. I bet you’re pretty excited to have it back!
Alex
C5 Malvern Aviator Mk1|C60 Sapphire|C60 Abyss|C65 Super Compressor|C60 Trident mk3 GMT|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40 Cosmos|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Shinola Runwell auto|Tissot|Timex
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I’m sorry, but a traveller’s world map without the Canary Islands is like a croque-monsieur without cheese. Pointless. Get it put back immediately.
Steve
The half minute which we daily devote to the winding-up of our watches is an exertion of labour almost insensible; yet, by the aid of a few wheels, its effect is spread over the whole twenty-four hours.
Charles Babbage

@Avo238
RichM
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by RichM »

That's a great outcome.

I've a problem with a C65 SH21 and been told by customer services to wait until UK lockdown ends next month. That is stated on the website too at least.

Did you manage to get fix done despite this or was it between lockdowns?

I hope I get the same level of customer service you've had once it's with them.

Enjoy your watch.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jkbarnes »

Excellent news and outstanding turnaround! Glad to see it’s back on your wrist.
Andrew
“I can't stand it to think my life is going so fast and I'm not really living it.”

C65 Trident Vintage
C65 AM GT LE

Wishlist:
C65 Trident GMT Worldtimer
C9 5 Day SS
C61 Trident

Find me on Instagram @jkbarnes
Or follow my photography on Instagram @jkbarnesphotos