1st CW Arrived

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

1st CW Arrived

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

I've been stalking getting a CW for a long time but other stuff just seemed to jump the line. I'm glad I waited for the MK3 Tridents.

I've had a blue watch on my list to get closer to finishing my collection and the C60 Blue LE is simply amazing. I love the details of the case. I debated back and forth on a 40mm vs 42mm, as the Blue is only in 40 I took the leap. Thinking this might be my case size for future models too. Wears smaller than my other 40mm, a Tisell Marine Diver. CW has rocketed to the top of my favorite brand list with a bullet. ImageImage

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: 1st CW Arrived

Post by jkbarnes »

Beautiful! Congratulations and a fantastic watch.
Drew
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

That watch is a seriously good introduction to the brand. Size looks good on you too! There’s a reason so many people are drawn to CW. They’re just plain great watches for the money.

So which CW is next? :lol:
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

ajax87 wrote:That watch is a seriously good introduction to the brand. Size looks good on you too! There’s a reason so many people are drawn to CW. They’re just plain great watches for the money.

So which CW is next? Image
Thanks so much. I would be interested in seeing a 42mm but the 40 does feel great and so sleek. I posted over the weekend how I'm turning 40 and I'm looking for 1 higher end watch. I want CW to do. SH21 in plain steel in the C65 case so a little smaller than. The Abyss. Just a basic black dial C60 with center seconds and no power reserve indicator.

Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

I’ve not warmed to the design but I can appreciate its popularity. Congratulations on your first CW.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Magnoliacorner

Post by Magnoliacorner »

That looks great. My Blue LE IS arriving Monday. I think the size is great for me. I wore a friends CW 40mm Bronze for a week and it was an awesome fit. It is also my first CW.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations!
I'm delighted it's arrived and that you are happy with it.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

I’m glad to see you’ve added the photos to the reference gallery. I get this impression that no single photo can really capture the uniqueness of the dial. It seems like different lighting completely transforms the watch. So the more pics added to the gallery, the better. Your first pic really sets this watch off!
Drew
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

Magnoliacorner wrote:That looks great. My Blue LE IS arriving Monday. I think the size is great for me. I wore a friends CW 40mm Bronze for a week and it was an awesome fit. It is also my first CW.
The wait is worth it!

Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

jkbarnes wrote:I’m glad to see you’ve added the photos to the reference gallery. I get this impression that no single photo can really capture the uniqueness of the dial. It seems like different lighting completely transforms the watch. So the more pics added to the gallery, the better. Your first pic really sets this watch off!
Hoping to add some more. Need an outdoor shot if the sun ever shows up.

albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Congratulations. This is a great first CW. Looking forward to more pictures when the weather turns for the better and seeing what your next CW might be. One is never enough and the forum will only enable more purchases. We never say no to more CWs :D :D :D
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Superb looking watch - congratulations! :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MichaelMD »

Size looks great on you. Good decision. What's the lug height on this model? I would use that as your upper limit. I think a 42 might look a little big on your judging from these pictures, but again might depend more on the lug-to-lug than the case diameter. This watch looks about perfect.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Congrats on your first CW. I think you've chosen well - what an interesting and attractive dial!
My first CW was a 40th birthday present - it's a slippery slope from here on in!
Enjoy it! :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
undetterred
Senior
Senior

Post by undetterred »

Good choice,more than impressed with mine
Steinhart Ocean 39 vintage red/blue ceramic,Olko edition