We Invite you

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: We Invite you

Post by jkbarnes »

Perhaps a dumb question, but for names, should we use our forum user name or our actual names (or both maybe)?
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:13 pm Perhaps a dumb question, but for names, should we use our forum user name or our actual names (or both maybe)?
I just used my AVO handle.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:26 pm I just used my AVO handle.

:thumbup:
Drew
markee
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by markee »

Kip wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:13 pm The Admin Team invites you to help us launch a new enhancement to the CWArchives.

You now have the ability to rate the primary models (not the variants) and comment. It is our hope that this will prove to be useful for prospective buyers going forward and for those researching the secondary market.

We would like you to help get it started by adding a rating to watches that you own, or have owned. This is not a review, only a rating and only takes a minute.

From the CWA Home Page go to Search>>Model Search. On the far right you will see the Star rating and a little Binocular with the rating count. If you want to rate the model just click on the the binoculars and a rating page pops up.

The rating option is also available from an individual Model Page. Note the Star rating at the top left and the Binoculars on the top right.
Great idea. Very easy to use and rate, thanks Kip.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Done. Of course unlike some others, I only had to rate TWO watches. Some of you will be on the archives awhile, I’m sure.
Drew
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Great idea and this can only enhance the quality of the archives. I assume consideration has been given to managing this for consistency and to ensure its impartial?

For example. On one hand I don’t want to see negative comments about a model because someone doesn’t like CWs customer service, as this isn’t related to an individual model. But if such comments are subsequently removed, you don’t want to be accused of removing any negativity.

I assume this is being done on Trust for now but will be monitored in case issues arise?
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

iain wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:56 pm ...For example. On one hand I don’t want to see negative comments about a model because someone doesn’t like CWs customer service, as this isn’t related to an individual model...
I wonder what this might be in reference to. Hmmm? :-k :lol:
Drew
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:00 pm
iain wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:56 pm ...For example. On one hand I don’t want to see negative comments about a model because someone doesn’t like CWs customer service, as this isn’t related to an individual model...
+1 LOL.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

No one specific at this time, I promise. However recent ‘events’ have obviously brought this thought in to my mind. It would be a shame if what is being started out with the best intentions was to be used inappropriately.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Viognier wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:05 pm
+1 LOL.
Clearly that response was 20 seconds too fast.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

This sounds a bit like Trustpilot.

I think that this has to be open and impartial.
If a watch is, for whatever reason, not working as it should (and I appreciate that this is from the perception of the owner) then, irrespective of the dealings with Customer Services, the poster is entitled to rate a watch at 3* instead of 5*.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

rkovars wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:07 pm

+1 LOL.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

But the response was within spec, right?
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

rkovars wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:07 pm

+1 LOL.
:clap: :lol: :thumbup:

If he goes back to edit the comment, will that void it?
Drew
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

StrapMeister wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:10 pm This sounds a bit like Trustpilot.

I think that this has to be open and impartial.
If a watch is, for whatever reason, not working as it should (and I appreciate that this is from the perception of the owner) then, irrespective of the dealings with Customer Services, the poster is entitled to rate a watch at 3* instead of 5*.
On a serious note, I imagine most of the ratings that might show up in the archives are likely to be from forum users, who will likely be pretty fair in what they have to say.

The Trustpilot comparison is a fair one to make. Personally, I’d view Trustpilot as the place where I rate the company, to include their customer service. The archive I see as where I’m rating specific watches.
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Interesting questions...

'm sure no-one would be so naive as to assume that the Admin Team didn't have some form of control as a failsafe - after all it's in the public domain, so we MUST have the ability to remove anything which may be unfair, abusive or classed as sabotage.

However...we very much hope that we can take the vast majority of ratings and comments on trust. We could and would intervene at need, but would be very happy not to have to do so.

Whilst a string of nothing but 5-star ratings and "wonderful watch" comments might ultimately be desirable, we accept that that won't always happen, and we are happy for people to be critical as long as they are being fair.

As an example, I have rated all the watches I have owned. Some got 4/5 because I felt there was perhaps the odd element that could have been improved. I gave one watch 3/5 because I didn't really feel it fulfilled its function well enough. But...as long as the criticism is fair, justified and appropriate - no problem.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)