WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?

Post by Viognier »

Bye bye Wiggles..... you have skillfully and brilliantly slaughtered your forum credibility.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
brash47
Expert
Expert

Post by brash47 »

Wait wait wait wait....
Third party seller? After reading through all this, you finally part with that extremely valuable piece of information.

Paid extra? Did you pay over retail for a watch you could have bought retail?

What's the history of the watch before you got it? Did you confirm authenticity? The guy before you might have opened the watch up and already tinkered with it on their own to "regulate" it.

At this point, even if I hadn't read through the information passed on by other folks, your credibility just went .

Second hand watches have an inherent risk associated with them. I'm not saying it's bad, but this is like buying a used car that ends up not running right. You have no idea how the prior driver treated the car. And if it's within manufacturer specs, you own it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Wiggles
Senior
Senior

Post by Wiggles »

Don't be a dick. The brown version was sold off at half price in the January sale. A number of people bought them to turn a profit. Look on ebay, there are still a few left. I paid about £100 on top, but is was still £350 cheaper than the original MRP. The watch was brand new and sealed, with the 60/60 warranty. At what stage and what post did I indicate the watch was used?

LOL, so you think the guy before me would have painstakingly opened up the watch and made it run fast. Pray tell, why would he do that?

and you refer to my credibility, how funny is that :D
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Wiggles wrote:Don't be a ****. The brown version was sold off at half price in the January sale. A number of people bought them to turn a profit. Look on ebay, there are still a few left. I paid about £100 on top, but is was still £350 cheaper than the original MRP. The watch was brand new and sealed, with the 60/60 warranty. At what stage and what post did I indicate the watch was used?

LOL, so you think the guy before me would have painstakingly opened up the watch and made it run fast. Pray tell, why would he do that?

#FactCheck - The Black Sand (not brown, although it might look it) C65 Super Compressor was sold off with a 40% discount in the January Sale (not half price).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Probably not the best idea to engage with some people.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Wiggles
Senior
Senior

Post by Wiggles »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:54 pm
Wiggles wrote:Don't be a ****. The brown version was sold off at half price in the January sale. A number of people bought them to turn a profit. Look on ebay, there are still a few left. I paid about £100 on top, but is was still £350 cheaper than the original MRP. The watch was brand new and sealed, with the 60/60 warranty. At what stage and what post did I indicate the watch was used?

#FactCheck - The Black Sand (not brown, although it might look it) C65 Super Compressor was sold off with a 40% discount in the January Sale (not half price).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Well, the bloke who sold it to me didn't make much then