Sealander Amphibian Visualisation

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Jaymz
Junior
Junior

Sealander Amphibian Visualisation

Post by Jaymz »

After my other thread someone asked for this.
Made using stolen bits from other watches, chapter ring not perfect but easier to use than making one from scratch. I added a date window as I feel it will or should have one. Possibly its a bit big, but i ran out of time.
And please remember before you criticise the below. This took me two hours of my time to create for a complete stranger on the internet, and can you do any better?
Sealander 1.jpg
Sealander 2.jpg
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Sealander Amphibian Visualisation

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

:thumbup: Thanks for this. It's an excellent interpretation of what we know and what we've guessed
Jaymz
Junior
Junior

Post by Jaymz »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:07 pm :thumbup: Thanks for this. It's an excellent interpretation of what we know and what we've guessed
I stayed almost faithful to what was known, only really changing the logo at 12 from the full name to the twin flags, and the addition of the date window. It works equally well without the date window.
markee
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by markee »

Jaymz wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:07 pm After my other thread someone asked for this.
Made using stolen bits from other watches, chapter ring not perfect but easier to use than making one from scratch. I added a date window as I feel it will or should have one. Possibly its a bit big, but i ran out of time.
And please remember before you criticise the below. This took me two hours of my time to create for a complete stranger on the internet, and can you do any better?
Sealander 1.jpg
Sealander 2.jpg
This is such an amazing skill that you have. As a complete technology muppet, I am in awe of skills like this.

If it is anything like as attractive as that in real life I will be getting one. Cheers
Jaymz
Junior
Junior

Post by Jaymz »

markee wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:26 pm
Jaymz wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:07 pm After my other thread someone asked for this.
Sealander 1.jpg
Sealander 2.jpg
This is such an amazing skill that you have. As a complete technology muppet, I am in awe of skills like this.

If it is anything like as attractive as that in real life I will be getting one. Cheers
Cheers. Its by no means perfect. Actually I've made what I would like to see based on what cw have teased.
Also though wouldn't it be cool if the ovals were the same as the little seconds window in the beast and underneath rotated.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I might have been 1 of those that asked if you fancied trying - sorry to take up your time :oops:

No criticism from me - what a great job you've made of it, I couldn't have got anywhere near that in 2 DAYS or WEEKS so thank you for doing that so promptly. I think your interpretation picks up on some designs features from the C65 MkI plus the line drawings and wording in the latest Loupe. If CW's design comes close to yours I think it would look superb especially in a 40mm svelte case, with options of a few dial colours and, sorry but for me, the name logo at 12 although that might affect the date window placement.

Thanks again.
markee
Senior
Senior

Post by markee »

Jaymz wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:32 pm
Sealander 1.jpg
Sealander 2.jpg

Cheers. Its by no means perfect. Actually I've made what I would like to see based on what cw have teased.
Also though wouldn't it be cool if the ovals were the same as the little seconds window in the beast and underneath rotated.
Absolutely. I just responded in the wrong thread (sorry about that) but I agree that a rotating bezel would be great.

We’re you thinking of a rotating part inside the watch case like a Longines Legend diver?
Jaymz
Junior
Junior

Post by Jaymz »

markee wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:53 pm
Jaymz wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:32 pm

Absolutely. I just responded in the wrong thread (sorry about that) but I agree that a rotating bezel would be great.

We’re you thinking of a rotating part inside the watch case like a Longines Legend diver?
I was thinking more like the seconds on the C60 chrono that tick round under the cut out
Untitled-1.jpg
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

markee wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:53 pm Absolutely. I just responded in the wrong thread (sorry about that) but I agree that a rotating bezel would be great.

Sorry to be blunt, but I feel you are barking up the wrong tree asking about a rotating bezel.

To have one, a rotating bezel that is, will potentially make the Sealander just another Dive watch that will arguably be little different from the existing C60 & C65 Dive watches.

I would like to think that CW want to make this something special. Besides which the design sketches in Loupe show a plain, fixed bezel.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Jaymz
Junior
Junior

Post by Jaymz »

So I've just had another play and come up with another iteration, I've placed the logo as per the original concept sketch and removed the date window, and my brain is telling me that internal bezel should be moveable, so I've added a Seamasteresque crown at 10pm. the more I look at the snippet of the concept the more things springs to mind there are multiple guesses really and multiple permutations. Guess we we only know if/when they make something based off the concept
Sealander 3.jpg
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

I'm also wondering if there might be a second crown on the left side that you can't see in the Loupe illustration to turn the internal bezel. If it's a GADA watch it would make sense you could adjust that internal bezel for diving, but being internal the bezel isn't as prominent as an external bezel on a regular diver giving it a more slimmed down everyday look. I think you might be onto something there Jamz.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:55 pm Sorry to be blunt, but I feel you are barking up the wrong tree asking about a rotating bezel.

To have one, a rotating bezel that is, will potentially make the Sealander just another Dive watch that will arguably be little different from the existing C60 & C65 Dive watches.

I would like to think that CW want to make this something special. Besides which the design sketches in Loupe show a plain, fixed bezel.

Guy
+1 to this! The last thing CW needs to introduce is “just another dive watch.” I can’t help but think the name Sealander is meant to evoke a sport watch with dive watch inspired and referenced design cues. A rotating bezel changes that equation quite a bit.

I love the mock up, but don’t want to get excited by it. It’s really just speculation at this point.
Drew
Jaymz
Junior
Junior

Post by Jaymz »

and just for fun, a slightly smaller 10pm crown, and some different colours to mull over
Sealander 3c.jpg
Sealander 3b.jpg
Sealander 3a.jpg
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Jaymz wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:22 pm and just for fun, a slightly smaller 10pm crown, and some different colours to mull over
The red and the yellow look good, the yellow especially! That’s an odd shade of green though. :lol:
Drew
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Doesn't say dressy, casual and elegant to me. Says simply field watch to me.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London