CW Wooden Boxes

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: CW Wooden Boxes

Post by A1soknownas »

I think the new watch boxes are great. I wouldn't deem the environmental credentials to be tokenism, and even if it is, surely it is a step in the right direction? For many the box is an important part of the purchase experience and whilst the brand is attempting to be luxury, the box will need to compete with many other fancier offerings and CW are managing to do this whilst trying to reduce their carbon impact.

There are lots of areas where people can personally reduce their impact upon the environment way beyond the damage a 95% biodegradable environmental CW box may produce...for example not buying multiple watches and then criticising the company for not lessening the impact of our consumerism. CW don't need to make a box that big, nor do we need another watch :lol:
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

OK, I've got a variety of watch boxes, travel cases and tool rolls from a multitude of brands, but I like the current CW 'Coffin' watch box (a description CW adopted themselves).

As a presentation box up against rival brands such as Oris and Omega the CW box stands good comparison.

The 'Coffin' stores well, stacked on a shelf or in an under bed drawer but a major asset, compared with more rectangular / square boxes, is the 'Coffin' can be picked up and carried easily and safely in one hand; which has to be a major bonus for shipping and handling.

Try doing that with any number of boxes from other brands and they have to be a fail.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

JasperCat wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:51 pm
JAFO wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:47 pm One other advantage of the CW boxes for strap options, is that the watch ships with the strap flat and unworn, so doesn't get the clasp marks on the leather that you can often see on watches that have been in stock for some time. Shame it's hard to get them out of the elastic grips at times. The boxes could still be redesigned to be smaller, but whether that would show a great saving is a different matter.
There's also a slot in the bottom of the outer cardboard box, which conveniently takes an additional strap in a small cardboard package... nice touch :thumbup:
The boxs can fit 2 extra straps. One beneath and the second one can squeeze down the side as well :thumbup:
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

A1soknownas wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:28 am I think the new watch boxes are great. I wouldn't deem the environmental credentials to be tokenism, and even if it is, surely it is a step in the right direction? For many the box is an important part of the purchase experience and whilst the brand is attempting to be luxury, the box will need to compete with many other fancier offerings and CW are managing to do this whilst trying to reduce their carbon impact.

There are lots of areas where people can personally reduce their impact upon the environment way beyond the damage a 95% biodegradable environmental CW box may produce...for example not buying multiple watches and then criticising the company for not lessening the impact of our consumerism. CW don't need to make a box that big, nor do we need another watch :lol:
+1
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
hucifwr

Post by hucifwr »

A1soknownas wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:28 am For many the box is an important part of the purchase experience and whilst the brand is attempting to be luxury, the box will need to compete with many other fancier offerings and CW are managing to do this whilst trying to reduce their carbon impact.
You could do all this in a box half the size of what is currently used.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Deks wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:44 am The boxs can fit 2 extra straps. One beneath and the second one can squeeze down the side as well :thumbup:
Thanks. I wasn’t aware of that one... simple, but clever :thumbup:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

hucifwr wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:27 pm
You could do all this in a box half the size of what is currently used.
I have no problem with CW boxes. I think it's a very professional watch box, although yes, it could be made smaller.

Fwiw, Tribus watches are shipping in a similar shaped box, but rather smaller and top opening. There is only a warranty card inside. Manuals are online. The boxes seem to be differently finished to match the watch, which is a nice touch.
trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 13

Post by trsullivan »

Compared to the one my 2017 FLE came in, this one is great improvement in both size and construction. Consider also the size of the box the Speedmaster Moonwatch comes in, and the CW offering seems quite the leader in the carbon footprint stakes. Wouldn't want the boxes to get too small, though. Marathon Navigators come in very small boxes, 3 inches x 3 inches x 1 inch. Watch is in a plastic bag, and the instructions are a single sheet, small enough to fit the box without folding.
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC, C3 FLE
C65 AM GT LE