Post by Jaymz »

Mark78 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:44 am Love the green sapphire 👍🏻
One of my favourites as well
Jaymz
Junior
Junior

Re: Some visuals

Post by Jaymz »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:30 pm My guess is that the Sealander or something close is in these pictures. Something like the first C60/C65 black hybrid picture (with the MK2 hands) will be close (my guess).

Otherwise some great pics there. Some definite no but a couple of interesting colour ways and hybrid designs in there. Good stuff
I used to get loupe. But somewhere along the line I've dropped off the mailing list. So don't know whats been revealed in it.
Jaymz
Junior
Junior

Post by Jaymz »

welshlad wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:32 pm I feel a need to read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein again. Once my eyes have recovered. :wtf:
Some are just awful aren't they, as I said some were made purposely as jokes in reactions to other releases or bandwagon watches
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Jaymz wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:41 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:30 pm My guess is that the Sealander or something close is in these pictures. Something like the first C60/C65 black hybrid picture (with the MK2 hands) will be close (my guess).

Otherwise some great pics there. Some definite no but a couple of interesting colour ways and hybrid designs in there. Good stuff
I used to get loupe. But somewhere along the line I've dropped off the mailing list. So don't know whats been revealed in it.
That black hybrid was what was in my mind as being closest but even that would make the Sealander just a different version of a diver (or retro-diver) which I thought it wasn't going to be.

There is another thread "Amphibian Sealander GADA watch" that gives some details and Loupe is readable on here but of course it's your time and work so no pressure from me.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Jaymz wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:37 am Those on Facebook wouldve seen all these over the last few years. For those that haven't. Here are some good, some bad, some funny visuals I've put together since discovering CW.
3 of these made it into prototype / production The batman, Ruby and black Sapphire.
Wow! That’s a lot of work there. It makes me think of the Clint Eastwood movie The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly!

I’m a little surprised by how much I like this one:
ED2F1355-56CB-4595-A873-0B5183BABC4A.jpeg

And I’d be throwing my money at CW if they produced this one:
215801B6-7FB8-4965-BCE8-D965F4AFA909.jpeg
Drew
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

download/file.php?id=21232

Guy put an image of all we know about the Sealander on this thread
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:43 pm download/file.php?id=21232

In the case of the Sealander, I do wonder whether it wouldn’t be better to wait until the official designs are out there, before embarking on a redesign of something that we haven’t actually seen yet.

Oh well, I suppose it’s only a bit of fun. :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:29 pm

In the case of the Sealander, I do wonder whether it wouldn’t be better to wait until the official designs are out there, before embarking on a redesign of something that we haven’t actually seen yet.

It is. Speculation, anticipation and a long and a diverse list of wants are all part of the fun :)
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

Thanks for taking the time to do this. It was a lot of fun and I think several would be top sellers if CW adopted them.
Best regards,
John
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:29 pm

Except there is no guarantee of there ever being official designs as according to Loupe "some never get made, some go on and get redesigned" so maybe if we don't show any interest it might not get made or a little bit of our designs might even make it into a final product.

Nobody's being forced to do any artwork so as you say it's just a bit of fun.
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Love many of those, especially the white dials with the twin flag motif in orange. It’s amazing how such a small addition really pops!
I’d love to see your interpretation of the hinted at Sealander if you need something to work on...

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.