My CW story part 1

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
simmo140
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

My CW story part 1

Post by simmo140 »

It's dark, dreary, rainy day in lockdown, so to relieve my boredom I thought I would pass on the story of my CW journey. Whether you find this interesting or not who knows, but it might pass a few minutes.

Back in 2007, while lying in bed reading the Sunday Times supplement, I came across an article relating to upcoming brands to look out for. Mentioned here was a British watchmaker with the slogan "the cheapest most expensive watches in the world". On reading more, I discover that they utilize similar movements to other much more expensive brands and they're offerings are of great quality. Having a Birthday (and then Christmas) looming, it was agreed my family would club together to buy me something I've always wanted, but could never afford, a posh watch.
Then to choose which CW to have, no easy task given the choices available, and that it was to be my one and only. Taking advantage of the 60/60 offer, I ordered four very different models, C7 Rapide, C6 Kingfisher (blue), C2 Lido and a C13 Henley (off white). These four beauties sat on my dining room table for some two weeks while I deliberated. Being a motorsport fan I opted for the C7 Rapide. It's detailing, the fitment of the strap, the bader clasp and it's ability to be "dressy" while "sporty" sealed the deal. Roll on November!!!
My Birthday comes and I'm presented with my C7. I've never regretted the choice. I wore it regularly with great pride (still do), until.........
See part 2[/img] [/img]
Attachments
C7 Rapide Mk1.jpg
C2, C7 Mk1, C6 Blue & black, C60 LE Yellow & Orange, C11 MSL PVD, C13 Chrono, C60 300 Orange, C65 Trident Diver, C65 AM GT, Lillenthal Supernova LE, C60#Tide, C65 Classic LE, C63 GMT
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: My CW story part 1

Post by Viognier »

Awaiting part two to complete a fun story !
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy